Purpose of committee
The Executive Board is the principal decision making body of the Council.
The Board is chaired by the Leader of Council (Cllr Judith Blake) and comprises eight Executive Members with portfolio responsibilities regarding:
· Economy and Culture – Cllr J Blake;
· Children and Families – Cllr L Mulherin;
· Resources and Strategy – Cllr J Lewis;
· Employment, Skills and Opportunity – Cllr M Rafique;
· Health, Wellbeing and Adults – Cllr R Charlwood;
· Regeneration, Transport and Planning – Cllr R Lewis;
· Communities – Cllr D Coupar; and
· Environment and Sustainability – Cllr L Yeadon.
There are a further two Executive Members: the Leader of the Conservative Group (Cllr Andrew Carter) and the Leader of the Liberal Democrat Group (Cllr S Golton).
All meetings of the Executive Board are open to the public, except where certain parts of an agenda contain confidential or exempt information. In these circumstances the Executive Board may choose to treat that part of the meeting as a ‘private meeting’ by excluding the public. The Executive Board may also exclude a member of the public in order to maintain orderly conduct or prevent misbehaviour at a meeting.
The public parts of the Executive Board meetings are now also webcast live via the Council’s website.
Five clear working days before each meeting details of the agenda items to be considered and the associated reports will be published on this website. If any of these items contain confidential or exempt information this will be made clear in the agenda, and the reasons for the restriction will be explained. If any representations have been received about why the meeting should be open to the public, these will be detailed in the covering report for that item of business, along with the response to any such representations.
Please note that the Council will try all means possible to enable all interested parties to be present at full Council, Executive Board and Committee meetings where decisions take place. However due to the limited seating capacity within the Civic Hall meeting rooms, the Council regrets that access for all may not always be possible.
- Councillor Andrew Carter CBE
- Councillor Stewart Golton
- Councillor Judith Blake (Chair)
- Councillor Rebecca Charlwood
- Councillor Debra Coupar
- Councillor Richard Lewis
- Councillor James Lewis
- Councillor Lisa Mulherin
- Councillor Mohammed Rafique
- Councillor Lucinda Yeadon
Support officer: Governance Services.
1st Floor West
Phone: 0113 395 2194