Parish council

Aberford & District Parish Council

Description

The Council was established in 2002 by the amalgamation of the three parish councils of Aberford, Lotherton cum Aberford and Parlington & Sturton Grange. Councillors are proud to be continuing a long established statutory provision for local representation which has existed from around 1894.

 

The Parish is part of the Harewood Ward of Leeds City Council. It extends northwards to the A64, incorporating Black Horse Farm and Becca Hall. To the west it extends to just beyond Leyfield Farm towards Barwick. To the east it extends to Lotherton (including the Hall) and south to beyond Hook Moor in the direction of Micklefield. Part of West Garforth (as far as the first roundabout beyond the M1/A1 Link Road) is also included.

 

The Councillors vision is to create a community which is attractive and safe for all residents to live in. Councillors believe that Aberford should continue to provide for the needs of all residents whilst maintaining its essential character as an agricultural village surrounded by highly valued farm and parkland. All Councillors live within the boundary of the Parish and are independent of any political party or affiliation. Councillors serve the whole community, endeavouring to represent residents and promote the best interests of the Parish. No Councillor is paid, and they give of their time voluntarily.

 

Contact information

Contact:
Natalie Goonesinghe
Parish Clerk

Address: 
Aberford & District Parish Council
PO Box 379
LS14 9GX

Phone:  07719 797 072

Email:  clerk@aberford-pc.gov.uk

Website:  www.aberford-pc.gov.uk

Moderngov is not responsible for the content of any external link

Membership

Clerk

Natalie Goonesinghe