Decision Maker: Director of Adults and Health
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
The current Adult Operational Service consists of 6 teams, undertaking a variety of functions in relation to Clients’ finances and maximising income collection through client contribution.
A review has been undertaken and it has identified that additional resources are required to seek a permanent solution to
· Current delays and backlogs of work
· Work areas struggling with current areas of work
· Address service planning issues
· Address clarity of roles that have not been reviewed in 10 years, and
· Provide opportunities to develop and administer improvements in income collection potential.
It is anticipated that an additional 11 FTE’s are required at a total annual cost of £418k.
It is anticipated that the above cost of £418k can be met by a variety of sources
· Better Care Fund - £100k pa for 2018/19 & 2019/20
· Additional income from CCG’s for DP Audit work - £32k pa (bid submitted)
· Release of revenue reserves £100k pa for 2018/19 & 2019/20
· Additional income generated from increased resources and ability to undertake a more proactive approach to income generation – income targets to be increased by £200k pa
It is also anticipated that the team when fully resourced will be fundamental to the department’s additional income collection target of £7m by 2022/23.
The Director of Adults and Health approved the recommendation for additional resources of 11 FTE’s within the Adult Operational Service at an annual cost of £397k plus one off additional costs of £11k for laptops (in 18/19). It is anticipated that these costs can be met by a variety of sources and are critical to improving the Council’s income collection performance in relation to Adult Social Care client contribution.
The Senior Finance Manager will implement this decision directly after it has been taken, subject to the necessary clearance process being completed.
Reason Key: Expenditure > £250,000;
Wards Affected: (All Wards);
Other reasons / organisations consulted
Trade Unions (21/8/18 & 13/9/18) and Current Staff (23/8/18) to be consulted during the period before the Key Decision is required.
Philip Hill (GMB), Stella Smales (UNISON), Richard Banks (UNITE), Current staff within Adult Operational Services.
Contact: Cheryl Ward 0113 3788750 Email: email@example.com.
Publication date: 15/11/2018
Date of decision: 23/11/2018
Effective from: 01/12/2018