Decision Maker: Director of Children and Families
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
Following approval of the statutory process Carr Manor Community School (Primary Phase) is due to expand to two forms of entry with effect from September 2019. This request seeks to secure funding to enable a package of ‘early works’ to be completed prior to financial close to ensure that the September 2019 completion date for critical path activities is met. Works included will be limited to pre-start activities and securing of key resources.
The Director of Childrens & Families agreed to:
1. Approve the requirement to enter into an ‘Early Works’ agreement with the LLEP for Portakabin Limited to deliver ‘package two’ of the ‘Early Works’ programme necessary to meet the critical path programme for expansion of Carr Manor Community School (Primary Phase). This will take the form of an ‘Early Works’ agreement between the authority and Leeds D&B One Ltd for the sum of £749,000.
2. Approve the expenditure of £749,000 from capital scheme number 32655/CAR/000 for the completion of ‘package two’ of the ‘Early Works’ programme at Carr Manor Community School (Primary Phase).
3. Note that this constitutes the second of two separate ‘Early Works’ packages required at Carr Manor Community School (Primary Phase) prior to entering into formal contract following determination of the planning application on the 6th March 2019. ‘Package two’, detailed within this report, includes for essential ground works and activities within the Portakabin factory necessary to ensure the critical path is met. Construction activities on-site will no commence until Planning has been issued, these works are included here to ensure they are ‘pre-approved’ and can be commissioned immediately without further delay to programme.
4. Note the programme dates identified in section 4.0 of this report, in relation to the implementation of this decision, represents the critical path for project success and must be adhered to where possible.
5. Note that the officer responsible for implementation is the Head of Service Learning Systems and the Head of Projects and Programmes, Asset Management & Regeneration and authorise them to enter into all other agreements required to deliver this project.
Reason Key: Expenditure > £250,000;
Wards Affected: Moortown;
Portfolio Holder: The Executive Member for Learning, Skills & Employment
Other reasons / organisations consulted
The formal proposal to expand the school was subject to a separate statutory consultation process. The required construction project arising from this has been subject to separate consultation with the parties noted below. Ward member briefings have taken place prior to planning being submitted, further to this a multiple pre-planning drop-in sessions were held at the school for parents, carers and local residents.
The proposal to expand Carr Manor Community School (Primary Phase) has been subject to the following consultees; Executive Member for Learning, Skills and Employment, Moortown Ward Members, Leeds City Council Planning Department (including landscape & urban design), Leeds City Council Highways Department, Leeds City Council Asset Management Department, Staff at the existing school, local residents, parents and carers in the affected wards.
Contact: Christopher Gosling, Estate Management - Development Officer 0113 37 87198 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Publication date: 28/02/2019
Date of decision: 06/02/2019
Effective from: 14/02/2019