Decision Maker: Director of Resources and Housing
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
Housing Leeds is seeking Authority to Spend on a Capital Investment Programme to cover the period commencing 1st April 2020, to enable investment in the council’s housing estate, both standard lifecycle replacement, and refurbishment and major improvement works.
The Director of Resources and Housing:-
1. Noted the outturn position for the 2019/20 Housing Leeds Refurbishment Programme of £83.61m. The outturn position shows accelerated expenditure of £1.61m against the £82.0m approved in March 2019 for additional schemes brought forward from within the existing overall Housing Leeds programme.
2. Authorised the accelerated expenditure incurred in 2019/20 of £1.61m brought forward from within the existing overall Housing Leeds programme.
3. Noted the current Authority to Spend (ATS) approved to date £28.35m on schemes within the existing programme 2020-24 as highlighted in Appendix A.
4. Authorised the remaining 2020/21 programme expenditure of £49.34m for 2020/21 with a view to accelerating schemes where necessary within the existing Housing Leeds programme, subject to HRA funding being available.
5. Noted that schemes within the programme of a complex nature will be brought forward for ATS as and when they reach design freeze in the course of the coming year.
Reason Key: Financial Impact>£500K;
Director of Resources and Housing
Head of Finance (Capital)
Deputy Head of Democratic Services
Chief Officer Housing Leeds
Contact: Neil Diamond, Investment Strategy Manager 07891 271604 Email: email@example.com.
Publication date: 15/06/2020
Date of decision: 23/06/2020
Effective from: 01/07/2020