Decision Maker: Director of Communities, Housing & Environment
Decision status: For Determination
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
Under Section 31 of the Local Government Act 2003, the Secretary of State for Department of Levelling Up, Housing and Communities (DLUHC) has awarded a grant of £1,851,227 to Leeds City Council. The grant period is 1st April 2022 to 31st March 2023.
The grant covers revenue expenditure relating to the functions set out in the statutory duty (within the Domestic Abuse Bill) on Tier 1 Local Authorities, relating to the provision of support to victims of domestic abuse and their children residing within safe accommodation and to the development of a multi-agency Local Partnership Board (LPB) to support LAs in performing certain specified functions.
Approval is being sought to:
· accept the grant allocation from DLUHC
· award funding to a number of organisations to enhance the support to victims-survivors of domestic abuse living in safe accommodation
· allocate an element of the grant to LCC in order to fund the additional administrative burden associated with the new Statutory Duty
Wards Affected: (All Wards);
Other reasons / organisations consulted
Ongoing consultation will be undertaken via:
· the Domestic Abuse Local Partnership Board (DALPB)
· the Domestic Abuse Voice and Accountability (DAVA) forum
· conversations with people who have experienced / are experiencing domestic abuse
Members of the DALPB (chaired by the Executive Member for Communities):
Members of the Domestic Abuse Voice and Accountability forum (a wide-ranging group of frontline services who support service users who are experiencing/have experienced domestic abuse)
People who have lived / are living in safe accommodation who are victims-survivors of domestic abuse.
Contact: Alison Ferguson, Commissioning and Contracts Officer Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Publication date: 07/06/2022
Date of decision: 15/06/2022
Effective from: 23/06/2022