Venue: Council Chambers, Pudsey Town Hall, Robin Lane, Pudsey
Contact: Debbie Oldham 0113 37 88656
Appeals Against Refusal of Inspection of Documents
To consider any appeals in accordance with Procedure Rule 15.2 of the Access to Information Procedure Rules (in the event of an Appeal the press and public will be excluded).
(*In accordance with Procedure Rule 15.2, written notice of an appeal must be received by the Head of Governance Services at least 24 hours before the meeting.)
There were no appeals against refusal of inspection of documents.
Exempt Information - Possible Exclusion Of The Press And Public
1 To highlight reports or appendices which officers have identified as containing exempt information, and where officers consider that the public interest in maintaining the exemption outweighs the public interest in disclosing the information, for the reasons outlined in the report.
2 To consider whether or not to accept the officers recommendation in respect of the above information.
3 If so, to formally pass the following resolution:-
RESOLVED – That the press and public be excluded from the meeting during consideration of the following parts of the agenda designated as containing exempt information on the grounds that it is likely, in view of the nature of the business to be transacted or the nature of the proceedings, that if members of the press and public were present there would be disclosure to them of exempt information, as follows:
There were no exempt items.
To identify items which have been admitted to the agenda by the Chair for consideration.
(The special circumstances shall be specified in the minutes.)
There were no late items.
Declaration Of Disclosable Pecuniary Interest
To disclose or draw attention to any Disclosable pecuniary interests for the purposes of Section 31 of the Localism Act 2011 and paragraphs 13-16 of the Members’ Code Conduct.
There were no declarations of disclosable pecuniary interests.
Apologies For Absence
To receive any apologies for absence.
Apologies were received from Cllr. Jarosz.
Open Forum / Community Forum
In accordance with Paragraphs 4.16 and 4.17 of the Community Committee Procedure Rules, at the discretion of the Chair a period of up to 10 minutes may be allocated at each ordinary meeting for members of the public to make representations or to ask questions on matters within the terms of reference of the Community Committee. This period of time may be extended at the discretion of the Chair. No member of the public shall speak for more than three minutes in the Open Forum, except by permission of the Chair.
Under the provisions of Paragraphs 4.16 and 4.17 of the Community Committee Procedure Rules (Open Forum) Jenni Groves, a founder of Battlescars, gave a short presentation on the community group established in 2016 to deal with self-harming issues and to provide support to the individuals, their families and friends. The group aimed to bring together health, education and all relevant support services to support the individual and provide advice on self-harm management and self-care. The Community Committee heard that self-harm was widespread in Leeds, in both adults and children; and the group was building a network in order to deliver support across the city. The Chair and the Committee thanked Jenni for her presentation. The Committee Members noted that the group held a session in Armley and were on Facebook. Members also noted that the next workshop was to be held on 13th September 2017.
To confirm as a correct record the minutes of the meeting held on 1st March 2017.
RESOLVED - The minutes of the meeting held on 1st March 2017 were approved as a correct record.
To receive the report of the West North West Area Leader to provide the Outer West Community Committee with an update on the budget position for the Wellbeing Fund and Youth Activities Fund for 2017/18 and the current position of the Small Grants and skips pots.
The report of the West North West Area Leader provided the Committee with an update on the budget position for the Wellbeing Fund and Youth Activities Fund for 2017/18 and the current position of the Small Grants and skips pot.
The Members noted that the Outer West Community Committee had received an allocation of £104,690 for the 2017/18 financial year. The Committee were informed that taking into account the underspends and the carry forward figures from 2016/17, the total fund available for new projects in 2017/18 was £112,237.06. The Members heard that funding had now been committed to 23 projects for 2017/18.
Members were informed that Table 1 of the submitted report outlined Wellbeing Applications which had been approved since the last meeting of the Committee.
Members noted that taking into account underspends and the balance following the commissioning round there was £3,153.04 still available for allocation for Wellbeing Revenue in the 2017/18 budget.
Members were advised that details of monitoring returns provided by Wellbeing projects funded in 2016/17 were set out at Appendix 1 of the submitted report.
Members’ attention was drawn to Table 2 at paragraph 12 of the submitted report which showed those Small Grant applications that had been approved since the last meeting and Table 3 which outlined the skips approved since the meeting of the Outer West Community Committee. Members were advised that taking these into account there was £4,830.65 still available.
Members were advised that the latest update from the Council’s Finance Section showed that there was £33,900 in capital monies available for allocation in 2017/18.
Members noted that there was £973.61 remaining in the Youth Activities Budget. Members discussed the use of the money to fund the Outer West Youth Summit. The Committee heard that negotiations were on going to look at cheaper catering options at the Rosebowl. Details of the event were set out at Appendix 2 of the submitted report.
Members were asked to give consideration to Paragraph 18 of the submitted report which set out the minimum conditions in order to reassure Members that all delegated decisions would be taken within an appropriate governance framework, with appropriate Member consultation and only when such conditions had been satisfied.
Members discussed the payment of CIL money to the Community Committee.
A Small Grant application was tabled at the meeting for Members consideration. Members discussed the application from Leeds Irish Arts Foundation.
RESOLVED - To:-
· Note the current budget position for the revenue Wellbeing Fund for 2017/18 and applications that have been approved since the last meeting at Table 1 of the submitted report.
· Note the content of the end of year monitoring returns for projects funded in 2016/17 – Appendix 1 of the submitted report.
· Note the current budget position for the small grants and skips and those applications that have been approved since the last meeting at Table 2 and 3 of the submitted report.
· Note the current budget position for the Capital Wellbeing Fund for 2017/18
· Note the current ... view the full minutes text for item 8.
To receive the report of the City Solicitor to note the appointment of Councillor Coulson as Chair of the Community Committee for 2017/18 as agreed at the recent Annual Council Meeting, and also to invite the Committee to make appointments to the following, as appropriate:-
• Those Outside Bodies as detailed at section 19 / Appendix 1 of the report;
• One representative to the Corporate Parenting Board;
• Community Committee Champions, as listed; and
• Those Children’s Services Cluster Partnerships, also as listed.
The report of the City Solicitor invited Members to note the appointment of Councillor Coulson as Chair of the Community Committee for 2017/18, as agreed at the Annual Meeting of Council on 25th May 2017.
The report also invited the Committee to make appointments to the following:
· Those Outside Bodies as detailed at section 19 / Appendix 1 of the submitted report;
· One representative to the Corporate Parenting Board;
· Community Committee Champions as listed at paragraph 23 of the submitted report; and to the Children’s Services Cluster Partnerships listed at paragraph 38 of the submitted report.
The Committee noted that there were no appointments to be made to Outside Bodies in this municipal year.
RESOLVED – To note the appointment of Cllr. Coulson as Chair of the Outer West Community Committee for 2017/18 and to agree the following appointments:
Community Committee Champions;
• Environment and Community Safety - Cllr. M Coulson
• Employment, Skills and Welfare - Cllr. D Blackburn
• Health, Wellbeing and Adult Social Care - Cllr. J Jarosz
• Children’s Services – Cllr. T Wilford
• Farnley - Cllr. A Blackburn
• Pudsey - Cllr. J Jarosz and Cllr. Amanda Carter
Corporate Parenting Board – Cllr. T Wilford
To consider the report of the Chief Officer Housing Management for Ward Councillor nominations from the Outer West Community Committee to the Outer West Housing Advisory Panel (HAP).
The report of the Chief Officer Housing Management sought Ward Councillor nominations from Outer West Community Committee to the Outer West Housing Advisory Panel (HAP).
An officer from Housing Management was present at the meeting.
RESOLVED – That the following Councillors be appointed to the Outer West Housing Advisory Panel:
• Pudsey – Cllr. R Lewis
• Farnley & Wortley – Cllr. A Blackburn
• Calverley & Farsley – Cllr. R Wood
To receive the report of the West North West Area Leader to update the Community Committee on the work of the three sub groups of the Committee: Environment, Business, Employment & Skills and General Purposes. This report also updates the Committee on pieces of work and partnership working that has taken place in the area since the last meeting.
The report of the West North West Area Leader updated the Community Committee on the work of the three sub groups of the Committee.
The report also updated the Members on pieces of work and partnership working which had taken place in the area since the last meeting.
Members were asked for their views on the Outer West Newsletter attached at Appendix 1 of the submitted report. Members liked the look of the newsletter and the information provided within it.
Members requested that a photograph of the Pudsey in Bloom display depicting the Pudsey Treacle Mines be included in the next newsletter along with information about the mines.
Members heard that since writing the report the Facebook page of the Outer West Community Committee had gone up and now had a following of 801 people.
In relation to the work of the sub groups the Members discussed the following points:-
· The new zonal areas set up to deliver streetscene in the future
· The new structure of the Cleaner Neighbourhoods Team:
o John Woolmer – Head of Service
o Stacey Rockliffe – Service Manager for Outer West area
o Chris Chamberlain – Senior Team Leader covering Bramley Stanningley and Kirkstall
o Baz Ali – Team Leader covering Pudsey – it was noted that Baz Ali would be based at Pudsey Town Hall
· The Heights and Bawns
· Increase in crime in the Outer West area – Members of the Committee requested a copy of the current figures.
Members heard that the mosaic on the pathway leading to the train station had now been officially uncovered. However the mosaic only covers half way along the wall and it had been suggested that the rest also be covered. Members noted they would like to request Seaguls to consider submitting an application to the Community Committee to complete the rest of the subway.
RESOLVED - To:-
· Note the report including the key outcomes from the sub groups
· Approve the Community Committee Newsletter.
· Share and promote the social networking platforms for the Outer West Community Committee.
Date and time of next meeting
The next meeting of the Outer West Community Committee will be Wednesday 27th September 2017 at 1:00pm, at Swinnow Community Centre.