Venue: Morley Town Hall (Small Banqueting Suite), Queen Street, Morley, LS27 9DY
Contact: Andy Booth (0113) 37 88665
Declaration of Disclosable Pecuniary Interests
To disclose or draw attention to any disclosable pecuniary interests for the purposes of Section 31 of the Localism Act 2011 and paragraphs 13-16 of the Members’ Code of Conduct.
There were no declarations of disclosable pecuniary interests.
Apologies for Absence
To receive any apologies for absence (If any)
Apologies for absence were submitted on behalf of Councillor C Harrison.
To confirm as a correct record, the minutes of the meeting held on 26th February 2018.
RESOLVED – That the minutes of the meeting held on 26th February 2018 be confirmed as a correct record.
Matters arising from the Minutes
With regard to Community Infrastructure Levy contributions, it was reported that funds received for Morley North ward were administered by Gildersome Parish Council and Drighlington Parish Council in their respective areas.
In accordance with Paragraphs 4.16 and 4.17 of the Community Committee Procedure Rules, at the discretion of the Chair a period of up to 10 minutes may be allocated at each ordinary meeting for members of the public to make representations or to ask questions on matters within the terms of reference of the Community Committee. This period of time may be extended at the discretion of the Chair. No member of the public shall speak for more than three minutes in the Open Forum, except by permission of the Chair.
In accordance with the Community Committee Procedure Rules, the Chair allowed a period of up to 10 minutes for members of the public to make representations or ask questions on matters within the terms of reference of the Community Committee. On this occasion none of the members of public present wished to speak.
To consider a report by the City Solicitor which invites the Committee to note the election of Councillor K Bruce as Chair of the Community Committee for 2018/19 as agreed at the recent Annual Council Meeting, and also to invite the Committee to make appointments to the following, as appropriate:-
· Those Outside Bodies as detailed at section 19 / Appendix 1 of the submitted report;
· One representative to the Corporate Parenting Board;
· Community Committee Champions, as listed; and
· Those Children’s Services Cluster Partnerships, also as listed.
The City Solicitor submitted a report which outlined the Community Committee’s role regarding appointments to: Outside Bodies; Community Lead Members; Children’s Services Cluster Partnerships and the Corporate Parenting Board. In addition, the report invited the Committee to determine the appointments to these groups and organisations.
The Community Committee was also invited to note the election of Councillor K Bruce as Community Committee Chair for the 2018/19 municipal year.
(1) That the following appointments be made:
Morley Town Centre Management Board
Councillor Andy Hutchison
Councillor Judith Elliott
Councillor Neil Dawson
Morley Literature Festival Committee
Councillor Neil Dawson
Councillor Wyn Kidger
Councillor Bob Gettings
Community Lead Members:
Environment – Councillor Karen Bruce
Community Safety – Councillor Ben Garner
Children’s Services – Councillor Lisa Mulherin
Employment, Skills and Welfare – Councillor Neil Dawson
Health, Wellbeing and Adult Social Care –Councillor Karen Renshaw
Childrens’ Services Cluster Partnership Representatives:
Ardsley and Tingley Cluster – Councillors Karen Renshaw, Judith Elliott and Ben Garner
Morley Cluster – Councillors Wyn Kidger, Bob Gettings and Neil Dawson
Rothwell Cluster – Councillors Karen Bruce, Stewart Golton and Lisa Mulherin
Corporate Parenting Board
Councillor Lisa Mulherin
(2) That the election of Councillor K Bruce as Outer South Community Committee Chair for the 2018/19 Municipal Year be noted.
To consider a report by the Chief Officer, Housing Management which seeks Ward Councillor nominations from the Outer South Community Committee to the Outer South Housing Advisory Panel (HAP)
The report of the Chief Officer Housing Management sought nominations from the Outer South Community Committee to the Outer South Housing Advisory Panel.
Nominations were sought for one Member from each Ward.
RESOLVED – That the following Members be appointed to the Outer South Housing Advisory Panel for 2018/19:
· Ardsley & Robin Hood – Councillor Lisa Mulherin
· Morley North – Councillor Andy Hutchison
· Morley South – Councillor Neil Dawson
· Rothwell – Councillor Karen Bruce
To consider a report by the Director of Resources and Housing which seeks the appointment of trustees to the Archbishop Margetson Trust Fund.
The group draws on representatives of Drighlington Parish Council and Drighlington Primary school, with Leeds City Council currently being represented by a local ward member, Councillor Gettings.
The report of the Director of Resources and Housing sought Members approval for the appointment of trustees to the Archbishop Margetson Trust Fund. This included representatives of Drighlington Parish Council, Drighlington Primary School and a Leeds City Council Representative which was currently Councillor B Gettings.
The appointments were for a three year term and nominations had been submitted for Drighlington Parish Council and Drighlington Primary School representatives.
RESOLVED – That the following be appointed as trustees to the Archbishop Margetson Trust Fund:
· Councillor B Gettings – Leeds City Council Representative
· Mrs J Scholes – Drighlington Parish Council
· Mr M Rhodes – Drighlington Parish Council
· Mr A Thornton – Drighlington Paris Council
· Mrs S Jackson – Drighlington Primary School
To consider a report by the South East Area Leader which provides an update on the current position of the Outer South Community Committee’s budgets and sets out details of applications seeking Wellbeing Revenue Funding and Youth Activity Funding.
The report of the South East Area Leader provided the Committee with the following:
· Details of the Wellbeing Budget position
· Wellbeing proposals for 2017/18 for consideration and approval
· Details of the projects approved via Delegated Decision
· Monitoring information of funded projects
· Details of the Youth Activities Fund (YAF) position
· Details of the Small Grants Budget
· Details of the Capital Budget
· Details of the Community Skips Budget
· Details of the Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL)
Areas of discussion included the following:
· Attention was brought to the minimum conditions required for approval of delegated decisions as set out in the report and Members were asked to consider whether they wished to review these.
· Remaining funds for the various budgets.
· Revenue and Capital applications.
· Delegated Decisions taken since the last meeting of the Committee.
· Youth Activity Fund projects.
· Councillor Golton queried whether community skips could be provided for use at allotments. He was informed that if an application came from a community organisation such as an allotment association rather than an individual that that should be acceptable. It was agreed to check the Community Skips policy and report back.
· Ring fenced proposals for the following year.
· Community Infrastructure Levy – Members discussed the development of Neighbourhood Plans and the associated referenda required to support the development of a Neighbourhood Plan. It was suggested that the Community Committee could ring fence funds for such neighbourhood activity as areas with Neighbourhood Plans received a significant increase in CIL monies. It was reported that referenda that had been held elsewhere in the city had been carried out by Electoral Services.
(1) That the minimum conditions for delegated decisions be noted and approved.
(2) That the details of the Wellbeing Budget position be noted.
(3) That details of the revenue budget projects agreed to date including those approved by delegated decision be noted.
(4) That the following projects be approved:
o Rothwell Summer Carnival - £3,000
o Rothwell Christmas Carnival and Lights Switch On - £1,000
o Tingley Athletic FC (Grounds Maintenance Equipment) - £5,000
(5) That details of the Youth Activities Fund position be noted.
(6) That details of the Small Grants Budget be noted.
(7) That details of the Capital Budget be noted.
(8) That details of the Community Skips Budget be noted.
(9) That the following Wellbeing Budget 2018/19 ring-fences be approved:
o Small grants - £5,000
o Communications budget - £1,800
o Community Skips - £1,000
o Rothwell Celebrations - £8,000
o Outer South Christmas Trees and Lights - £16,000
o Community Heroes Event - £2,000
o International Day of Older People - £1,500
(10) That details of the Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL) be noted.
To consider a report by the South East Area Leader which provides an update on the work of the Communities Team, based on priorities identified by the Community Committee that are not covered elsewhere on this agenda.
The report provides opportunities for further questioning, or to request a more detailed report on a particular issue.
The report of the South East Area Leader brought Members’ attention to an update of work which the Communities Team was engaged in based on priorities identified by the Community Committee that were not covered elsewhere on the agenda. It also provided opportunity for further questioning, or to request a more detailed report on a particular issue.
Key areas of discussion included the following:
· Children and Families – Applications received for Youth Activity Fund projects; Mini Breeze events and a Takeover Festival were amongst some of the approved projects.
· Environment – Members were updated on community clean ups and estate walkabouts that had taken place. It was reported that there had been discussions regarding the possibility of having a service level agreement with Parks and Countryside. With regard to the service level agreement with the Environmental Action Team, concern was expressed that management information was not being disseminated to Members. Further issues highlighted included the following:
o There would not be an application from Parks and Countryside for Site Based Gardeners this year.
o Sub Group activity – this was currently under review while a universal offer for support to Community Committees was being developed.
· Employment, Skills and Welfare – There had been a small increase in the number of people claiming Jobseekers Allowance in Outer South with a decrease in numbers claiming Employment Support Allowance. The provision of free Wi-Fi access in all council buildings and community centres was highlighted as an issue that needed resolving as this was needed to support those out of work and on benefits for seeking job information.
· Health, Wellbeing and Adult Social Care – Members were informed of the work towards adopting the Healthy Weight Declaration in Leeds along with work by Mentally Healthy Leeds.
· Housing Advisory Panel update – Members were informed of projects that had been supported by Housing Advisory Panel funding and of further bids for funding that had been submitted. Further to questions it was reported that evaluations and monitoring reports were completed following funded projects.
· Social Media updates and Outer South Community Committee newsletter – Members were informed of activity with regard to the Committee’s Facebook page. It was aimed to circulate the newsletter to a wider audience.
· Clean Air Zone – The Committee heard from a representative of For Disability Mobility (FDM) charity. There were concerns regarding the introduction of the Clean Air Zone and the potential impact it could have on the charity as at this stage it was not clear what exemptions would apply to them. It was reported that this and similar issues had been raised and there would be further consultation. It was also reported that there had been alterations to the mapping of the proposed zone which should have a lesser effect on some of FDMs activities.
Thanks were expressed on behalf of PS Abbott who had now left to join the Integrated Offender Management Team and PS Pickard who had joined the Safer Neighbourhood and Roads Policy Team.
Thanks were also ... view the full minutes text for item 10.
Date and Time of Next Meeting
To note that the next meeting will take place on Monday, 17th September 2018 at 4.00 p.m.
Monday, 17 September 2018 at 4.00 p.m.