Venue: Civic Hall, Leeds, LS1 1UR
Contact: Andy Booth (0113) 24 74325 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Appeals Against Refusal of Inspection of Documents
To consider any appeals in accordance with Procedure Rule 15,2 of the Access to Information Procedure Rules. (in the event of an Appeal the press and public will be excluded)
(*In accordance with Procedure Rule 15.2, written notice of an appeal must be received by the Head of Governance Services at least 24 hours before the meeting.)
There were no declarations of disclosable pecuniary interests.
Apologies for Absence
To receive any apologies for absence.
Apologies for absence were submitted on behalf of Councillor Mitchell and Councillor G Latty.
To approve as a correct record the minutes of the meeting held on 14 January 2014
RESOLVED – That the minutes of the meeting held on 14 January 2014 be confirmed as a correct record.
To receive and consider the attached report of the Director of Environment and Housing
The Director of Environment and Housing submitted a report advising Members of the changes to governance arrangements following the Executive Board decision to integrate Housing Services within the Council.
The report also introduced a new key strategic city wide forum, the Private Rented Sector Forum for which proposed Membership was outlined in the report and it was proposed that this Forum be classified as a Strategic and Key appointment and in accordance with the Appointment to Outside Bodies Procedure Rules the Member Management Committee would be the appointing body.
In order to keep the size of the Forum reasonable it was proposed that the political Membership of the Forum would be 4 Labour Members, 1 Conservative Member, 1 Liberal Democrat Member and 1 Morley Borough Independent Member.
It was also proposed that the Green Group would be offered special briefings from the relevant officer in order to keep them fully briefed on discussions at the Forum.
Councillor A Blackburn expressed concern and disappointment that the Green Group would not be able to have any input at the forum.
(1) That the nomination process for the Private Rented Sector Forum as set out in paragraph 3.4 of the report together with the special briefings by officers to the Green Group be approved.
(2) That the changes to the governance arrangements following the closure of the ALMOs and the creation of Housing Leeds be noted.
(3) That the arrangements put in place for the Housing Advisory Board be noted
(4) To note that there are no changes to the Area Committee nomination process for the rebranded Local Housing Advisory Panels.
To receive and consider the attached report of the City Solicitor
The City Solicitor submitted a report providing an update on the current position regarding Member appointments to outside bodies and also sought to confirm Member nominations to remaining vacancies.
It was also reported that the Chair of Leeds Older People Forum had requested consideration of the appointment of Councillor Ogilvie to their committee.
There was also a proposal for Councillor R Haringon to replace Councillor Morgan on the Fostering Panel – Civic.
(1)That the Leeds Older People Forum be categorised as a Strategic and Key Partnership appointment and in accordance with the Appointment to Outside Bodies Procedure Rules the Member Management Committee would be the appointing body
(2) That Councillor A Ogilvie be appointed to the Leeds Older People Forum.
(3) That Councillor R Harington replace Councillor Morgan on the Fostering Panel – Civic.
(4) That the change of appointments since the last meeting of the Committee, as detailed in paragraph 3.2 of the report be noted.