Contact: Governance Services Copies of the full report with appendices are available on request from the clerk. For details of the new premises licence please contact Entertainment Licensing on 0113 378 5029 after the hearing.
Link: to view the meeting
Election of the Chair
To seek nominations for the election for the position of Chair.
RESOLVED – That Councillor Garthwaite be elected as Chair for the duration of the meeting.
Appeals Against Refusal of Inspection of Documents
To consider any appeals in accordance with Procedure Rule 15.2 of the Access to Information Procedure Rules (in the event of an Appeal the press and public will be excluded)
(*In accordance with Procedure Rule 15.2, written notice of an appeal must be received by the Head of Governance and Scrutiny Support at least 24 hours before the meeting)
There were no appeals against the refusal of inspection of documents.
Exempt Information - Possible Exclusion of the Press and Public
1) To highlight reports or appendices which:
a) officers have identified as containing exempt information, and where officers consider that the public interest in maintaining the exemption outweighs the public interest in disclosing the information, for the reasons outlined in the report.
b) To consider whether or not to accept the officers recommendation in respect of the above information.
c) If so, to formally pass the following resolution:-
RESOLVED – That the press and public be excluded from the meeting during consideration of those parts of the agenda designated as containing exempt information on the grounds that it is likely, in view of the nature of the business to be transacted or the nature of the proceedings, that if members of the press and public were present there would be disclosure to them of exempt information
2) To note that under the Licensing Procedure rules, the press and the public will be excluded from that part of the hearing where Members will deliberate on each application as it is in the public interest to allow the Members to have a full and frank debate on the matter before them.
There were no exempt items.
To identify any applications as late items of business which have been admitted to the agenda for consideration
(the special circumstances shall be identified in the minutes)
There were no late items.
Declarations of Disclosable Pecuniary Interests
To disclose or draw attention to any disclosable pecuniary interests for the purposes of Section 31 of the Localism Act 2011 and paragraphs 13-16 of the Members’ Code of Conduct.
There were no declarations of disclosable pecuniary interests.
The report of the Chief Officer Elections and Regulatory requests Members consideration for an application for the grant of a premises licence, made by Ajit Singh Sidhu, for Ivy Mount Fisheries 17 Ivy Mount, Leeds, LS9 9BS.
The report of the Chief Officer Elections and Regulatory set out an application for the grant of a premises licence, made by Ajit Singh Sidhu, for Ivy Mount Fisheries, 17 Ivy Mount, Leeds, LS9 9BS
Members were advised of the following points:
· The applicant had applied for a premises licence for the following activities:
o Sale by retail of alcohol Everyday - 12:00 – 00:00
o Late night refreshment Everyday - 23:00 – 00:00
· Responsible authorities and Ward Members had been notified of this application. West Yorkshire Police (WYP) had made a representation to the application but agreements have been reached between the applicant and WYP prior to the hearing. The representation has therefore been withdrawn and a copy of the relevant correspondence and documentation evidencing that agreement can be found at Appendix C. The Police had suggested measures in relation to CCTV, Challenge 25 policy and all alcohol sales to be ancillary to food orders at the premises.
· The application has also attracted representations from all three ward councillors and two local residents, all opposing the application on grounds of crime and disorder and public nuisance. These are appended to the report at Appendix D. It was noted that the applicant had tried to make contact with the objectors to alleviate their concerns with a letter which formed part of the agenda pack. In the instance where the objector wished to remain anonymous throughout the full application process, the case officer had acted as mediator;
· Member’s attention was drawn to a list of licensed premises in the surrounding area and the hours of licensable activity.
In attendance at the meeting was the applicant Ajit Singh Sidhu who informed the Licensing Sub-Committee of the following points: