Venue: Civic Hall, Leeds
Contact: Debbie Oldham Email: email@example.com
Declarations of Disclosable Pecuniary Interests
To disclose or draw attention to any disclosable pecuniary interests for the purposes of Section 31 of the Localism Act 2011 and paragraphs 13-16 of the Members’ Code of Conduct.
There were no declarations.
Apologies for Absence
Apologies for absence were submitted on behalf of Councillors M Dobson and G Wilkinson.
Councillor B Anderson was in attendance as substitute for Councillor G Wilkinson.
To approve the minutes of the North and East Plans Panel held on 11th October 2018.
RESOLVED – That the minutes of the meeting held on 11 October 2018 be confirmed as a correct record.
To receive and consider the attached report of the Chief Planning Officer regarding an outline application for residential development.
The report of the Chief Planning Officer presented an outline application for residential development at land off Walton Road, Walton, Wetherby.
The application had been considered at the Panel meeting in October 2018 when it had been deferred for further work to be undertaken in respect of the sustainability of the site and proposed development. Members of the Panel had visited the site prior to this meeting.
Site plans and photographs were displayed and referred to throughout discussion of the application.
Further issues highlighted in relation to the application included the following:
· Issues of concern raised at the previous meeting included accessibility, bus services, sustainability, the highways position at Thorp Arch Bridge and the position with regards to the Neighbourhood Plan.
· In terms of policy, the site was proposed to be allocated for residential development in the emerging Site Allocation Plan (SAP).
· The site was not green belt is largely white land and part of the site is designated as protected playing pitch and was bordered by other development.
· The protected playing pitch had not been used for a significant time. Development of the site would see alternative provision of open greenspace which would be more accessible and also a children’s play area. Cllr. Collins asked for it to be recorded that she had raised the issue that the proposal was in conflict with the Leeds Local Plan Policy Map 6a – November 2017
· The proposal was considered to be sustainable and the package offered by the applicant made the application policy compliant.
· Further representations from Thorp Action Group included accessibility; there had been no further update on sustainability; lack of policy compliance; planning benefits did not weigh the balance in favour and the site did not fulfil local housing needs.
· With regards to the status of the Site Allocations Plan it was reported that hearings had been held in July/August 2018 when outstanding objections had been heard. There had been no requests for modifications to this site and the site was immediately available for development.
· Further representations had been received from Thorp Arch Parish Council with regards to provision of land and funding towards a new community hall. There was also a desire to see a new sports facility/playing fields, allotments and children’s play area. There were further concerns regarding accessibility, public transport provision and sustainability.
· Representations had also been received from local Ward Councillors. These included concerns regarding public transport, sustainability and lack of local services. It was also felt that the application was premature in advance of the Site Allocation Plan.
· The application was recommend for approval.
In response to Members comments and questions, the following was discussed:
· Concern that accessibility standards were not met and that there were still significant highways issues to be resolved. It was reported that the Accesibilty Standards were not met but that traffic impacts in and around the site had been assessed. Mitigation to remove some on Bridge Road by introducing resident only parking would benefit traffic movement and road safety. ... view the full minutes text for item 61.
Date and Time of Next Meeting
The next meeting of the North and East Plans Panel will be on Thursday 13th December 2018.
Thursday, 13th December 2018 at 1.30 p.m.