Agenda and minutes

Outer North West Community Committee
Monday, 28th November, 2016 1.30 pm

Venue: Yeadon Town Hall - Airedale Room High Street,Yeadon,Leeds,LS19 7PP

Contact: Governance Services on 0113 395 2194 

Items
No. Item

27.

APPEALS AGAINST REFUSAL OF INSPECTION OF DOCUMENTS

To consider any appeals in accordance with Procedure Rule 15.2 of the Access to Information Procedure Rules (in the event of an Appeal the

press and public will be excluded). (*In accordance with Procedure Rule 15.2, written notice of an appeal must be received by the Head of Governance Services at least 24 hours before the meeting)

Minutes:

There were no appeals against refusal of inspection of documents.

28.

EXEMPT INFORMATION - POSSIBLE EXCLUSION OF THE PRESS AND PUBLIC

1  To highlight reports or appendices which officers have identified as containing exempt information, and where officers consider that the public interest in maintaining the exemption outweighs the public interest in disclosing the information, for the reasons outlined in the report.

 

2   To consider whether or not to accept the officers recommendation in respect of the above information.

 

3   If so, to formally pass the following resolution:-

 

RESOLVED – That the press and public be excluded from the meeting during consideration of the following parts of the agenda designated as containing exempt information on the grounds that it is likely, in view of the nature of the business to be transacted or the nature of the proceedings, that if members of the press and public were present there would be disclosure to them of

exempt information, as follows:-

Minutes:

There was no exempt information.

29.

LATE ITEMS

To identify items which have been admitted to the agenda by the Chair for consideration (The special circumstances shall be specified in the minutes)

Minutes:

The Chair admitted a late item to be tabled at the meeting to form part of agenda item 9 Finance Update Report. Adel & Wharfedale Speed Indication Devices (SIDS) Minute 36 refers.

 

Supplementary information had been provided to all Members of the Committee in relation to item 8 Environmental SLA Report. Service Agreement between Outer North West Community Committee and Environmental Action (West North West Locality Team) Minute 35 refers.

30.

DECLARATION OF DISCLOSABLE PECUNIARY AND OTHER INTERESTS’

To disclose or draw attention to any disclosable pecuniary interests for the purposes of Section 31 of the Localism Act 2011 and paragraphs 13-16 of

the Members’ Code of Conduct.

Minutes:

There were no declarations of disclosable pecuniary interests. However, Councillors Barry Anderson and Caroline Anderson declared an interest in item 9 in relation to Adel War Memorial Association Ltd (AWMA) as they are members. They took no part in the consideration of this projects funding.

31.

Apologies For Absence

To receive any apologies for absence.

Minutes:

Apologies for absence were received from Councillor Sandy Lay.

32.

Open Forum

In accordance with Paragraphs 4.16 and 4.17 of the Community Committee Procedure Rules, at the discretion of the Chair a period of up to 10 minutes may be allocated at each ordinary meeting for members of the public to make representations or to ask questions on matters within the terms of reference of the Community Committee. This period of time may be extended at the discretion of the Chair. No member of the public shall speak for more than three minutes in the Open Forum, except by permission of the Chair.

Minutes:

In accordance with Paragraphs 4.16 and 4.17 of the Community Committee Procedure Rules, at the discretion of the Chair a period of up to 10 minutes may be allocated at each meeting for members of the public to make representations or to ask questions on matters within the terms of reference of the Community Committee. This period of time may be extended at the discretion of the Chair. No member of the public shall speak for more than three minutes in the Open Forum, except by permission of the Chair.

 

On this occasion the Chair of Rawdon Parish Council Cllr. John Davies attended to inform the Committee that on Tuesday 6th December 2016, the shops along Harrogate Road would be open for late night Christmas shopping. There would be road closures from 5pm till 9pm on Harrogate Road and Quaker Lane. Members noted the date and the time of the road closures.

 

The Chair of Pool-in-Wharfedale Parish Council, Cllr. Hazel Lee was in attendance at the meeting and spoke to the Committee on two subjects. Hazel is also the treasurer of Otley Road Safety Committee and asked for the Community Committee’s support for a small grant to host a road safty quiz for eighteen local schools.

 

Cllr. Lee also spoke as Chair of Pool-in Wharfedale Parish Council and advised the Committee that at a recent meeting with Leeds and Bradford Airport (LBIA) a Member of Pool-in-Wharfedale Parish Council felt that his concerns regarding the volume of traffic around Pool had not been taken seriously by the airport.

 

The Chair asked that an officer from the Communities Team issue an application to enable Otley Road Safety Committee to apply for wellbeing funding.

 

In relation to the transport issue the Chair advised that he is on the Airport Consultative Board and would make the Board aware of the concerns raised.

 

The Chair thanked both speakers for their contributions.

33.

Minutes pdf icon PDF 78 KB

To receive the minutes of the meeting held on 5th September 2016 and approve them as a correct record.

Minutes:

The minutes of the meeting held on 5th September 2016 were approved as a correct record.

34.

Matters arising

Minutes:

Minute 22 Matters arising

 

Clarification was sought on the Member appointed to the outside bodies appointments 2016/17 to Rawdon and Laneshaw Bridge Trust. Members noted that Cllr Cleasby had been appointed to this role.

35.

ENVIRONMENTAL SLA REPORT pdf icon PDF 320 KB

To receive the report of Chief Officer, Environmental Action services to confirm the continuation of the current Service Level Agreement (SLA) between the Committee and the Environmental Action Services.

 

 

 

Additional documents:

Minutes:

The Head of Service, Environmental Action Service presented the report on Environmental Service Level Agreement 2016/17 to request Members approval for the continuation of the current Service Level Agreement (SLA) between the Committee and the Environmental Action Service, as overseen on its behalf by the Environmental Sub Group.

 

Members had been provided with a copy of the SLA prior to the meeting Minute 29 Late Items refers.

 

The Head of Service informed the Committee that he now had responsibility for the Outer North West Locality Team following the previous Locality Mangers move to manage the City Centre.

 

Members were advised that there was no proposal to change the SLA at present but that with agreement of Members a Service Level Agreement would be brought to the January 2017 meeting of the Environmental Sub Group to look at proposed changes in more depth.

 

Members raised the following issues:

·  On a recent litter pick it had been noted that there was a large amount of litter on Yeadon High Street between the Town Hall and Morrison’s and that much of the litter seemed to have been in situ for a long time.

·  The clearance of leaves across the outer north west area had not taken place on a regular basis and this had led to;

o  leaves collecting in gullies which had caused localised flooding.

o  leaves becoming wet and slippery

o  In Bramhope residents had cleared the leaves. However, extra bags had to be used and these had not been collected when the brown bins had been emptied.

·  Complaints had been received in relation to Yeadon High Street as the pavements and cobbles were slippery.

 

The Officer addressed the issues raised informing Members that this year there had been a particularly heavy leaf fall which was later than usual and had coincided with heavy rainfall causing problems difficulties. However, the Locality Team were looking to address this with extra resources for the area and sweepers to clear gullies to prevent flooding and pooling water.

 

Members requested an organisational chart detailing officer names and contact numbers for the outer north west area

 

Members asked that 3.1a of the submitted report be amended to read ‘note’ rather than ‘approve’

 

Members also requested that they be informed when leaf clearance is happening in their area.

 

Cllr. Collins thanked officers for attending to a request from her to clear leaves from a shop front.

 

RESOLVED – That the Community Committee:

a)  Note the continuation of the existing Service Level Agreement;

b)  Consider any current SLA performance concerns that it would like to refer to the  Outer North West Environmental Sub Group to look at in more detail;

c)  Consider if there are any changes it would like to see in the SLA for 2017/18, in order to give the service time to consider and respond through the sub group.

 

 

36.

Finance Update Report pdf icon PDF 366 KB

To receive the report of the West North West Area Leader to provide the Community Committee with an update on the budget position for 2016/17, detailing the current position of the Wellbeing revenue fund, the Small Grants and Skips pots, and the Capital pot. This report also provides and update on the Youth Activity Fund.

 

(Report attached)

Additional documents:

Minutes:

The West North West Area Leader submitted a report which updated the Committee on the budget position for 2016/17, detailing the current position of the Wellbeing revenue fund, the Small Grants and Skips Pots, and the Capital pot. The report also provided an update on the Youth Activity Fund.

 

The latest budget statement for 2016/17 was included at Appendix 1 of the submitted report.

 

The finance monitoring report was attached at Appendix 2 of the submitted report and provided Members with details of the current monitoring position of the Wellbeing fund and the Youth Activity Fund.

 

Members were informed that the Community Committee had £101,020 of funding available for allocation. They noted that this figure did not include the Youth Activity Fund still available to spend.

 

Members were asked to consider 8 new applications as set out at section 10 to 18 of the submitted report.

 

Members were also asked to consider the application which had been admitted by the Chair as a formal late item for Adel & Wharfedale Speed Indication Devices (SIDS). Minute 29 refers 

 

Members discussed the location and movability of the (SIDS).

 

Members asked Officers to clarify if camera can be turned to register cars from opposite directions and to check on costings.

 

The Chair asked that the Transport Sub Group look at ordering the SIDS for next year including the locations for them and costs of ordering multiple SIDS.

 

Members were informed that the remaining balance of the Youth Activity Fund was £6,669. Members were asked to consider applications set out at sections 22 to 24 of the submitted report.

 

 

RESOLVED – The Outer North West Community Committee resolved to:

·  Note the current budget position for the Wellbeing Fund for 2016/17 (Table 1) and Appendix 1 of submitted report

·  Consider the Wellbeing large grant applications detailed at sections 10 to 18 of the submitted report, as follows:-

 

PROJECT

ORGANISATION

AMOUNT

OUTCOME

Christmas in Pool-in-Wharfedale

Pool Parish Council

£1,500

APPROVED

Pool Sports and Social Club Kitchen Replacement

Pool Sports and Social Club

£1,700

APPROVED

Boiler Upgrade and Asbestos Management Plan

Adel War Memorial Association Ltd (AWMA)

£7,500

APPROVED subject to 2 further quotes being provided

Rawdon Community Library Lighting

Rawdon Community Library

£4,854

APPROVED

Micklefield Park Replacement of Trim Trail Equipment

Parks & Countryside (LCC)

£20,000

APPROVED

Public footpath Horsforth (off South Lee) drainage improvement scheme

Parks & Countryside (LCC)

£5,000

APPROVED

Cragg Hill and Woodside Green Space Project

Cragg Hill and Woodside Green Space

£9,200

APPROVED

Horsforth Counselling

Horsforth Children’s Centre

£3,900

APPROVED

Adel & Wharfedale Speed Indication Device

LCC Highways

£3,110

APPROVED

 

·  Consider the Youth Activity Fund applications detailed at sections 22 to 24 of the submitted report, as follows:-

 

PROJECT

ORGANISATION

AMOUNT

OUTCOME

Aireborough Performing Arts Festival

Aireborough Children’s Services

£1,975

APPROVED

Creative Pottery Sessions

Horsforth Children’s Services

£444

APPROVED

Children’s Engagement Event 2017

Communities Team (WNW)

£300

APPROVED

 

·  Note the small grants that have been approved since the last meeting (Table 2) and the remaining small grants budget (Table 3) of the submitted report

·  Note  ...  view the full minutes text for item 36.

37.

Community Committee Update Report pdf icon PDF 342 KB

To receive the report of the West North West Area Leader to update the Community Committee on the work of the sub groups of the Committee: Environment and Community Safety; Employment, Learning and the Local Economy; Children’s Services and Family Health; Adult Social Care, Health and Wellbeing; Highways and Transportation and Policy.

 

(Report attached)

Additional documents:

Minutes:

The West North West Area Leader had submitted a report which updated the Committee on the work of the sub groups of the Committee: Environment and Community Safety; Employment; Learning and the Local Economy; Children’s Services and Family Health; Adult Social Care, Health and Wellbeing; Highways and Transportation and Policy.

 

The Community Committee Champions provided the Committee with updates on workshops and events that had taken place.

 

It was noted that the Vulnerability Workshop had been successful. Decisions now needed to be taken on what actions and learning were required to take this issue forward.

 

The Committee was informed that the Employment sub group had received a presentation and been consulted on the European City of Culture bid.

 

The Committee were advised that the Children’s Voice event will take place on 27th January 2017. Details have been forwarded to Members.

 

Members were advised that Leeds anti-social behaviour team are reviewing all Designated Public Places Orders (DPPOs) across the city and that at present there is insufficient data to support such an order in Guiseley, when the current DPPO ends in October 2017. The local Police Sergeant advised that new legislation affecting DPPO areas and new Public Spaces Protection Orders (PSPOs) will replace DPPOs.

 

Members requested a copy of the new legislation to be circulated and that a letter be sent by the Chair, to Cllr. Coupar Executive Member for Communities, to ask that the community committee be kept informed of developments and consulted before any final decisions are made regarding DPPOs and PSPOS in the outer north west area.

 

Members discussed the Community Plan and asked that the date of the priorities be changed to 2017 and that a priority be added around cleaner and greener neighbourhoods.

 

Members discussed the newsletter and raised the following issues;

·  Could information on the new  ‘App’ which provides information on  bin collection days be added to the newsletter

·  Is it mandatory to have a community newsletter?

·  Could an estimated cost of producing the newsletter be provided

 

Members attention was drawn to section 15 of the submitted report which provided the Committee with details of free lets that had been agreed in the outer north west area since the 1st April 2016 and the financial value that this represents to the Council.

 

Members discussed the information provided and were informed by the Chair that in the future funding may be needed to assist voluntary groups in the area with letting charges.

 

The Chair informed the Committee that Cllr. Cleasby had resigned as the Chair of Transport sub group and that Cllr. Downes had offered to Chair until the end of the municipal year. Cllr. Collins would attend the Transport sub group on behalf of Horsforth ward until the end of the municipal year.

 

RESOLVED – That Members;

·  Note the work of the sub groups and areas of partnership working since the last Community Committee meeting

·  Comment on the Outer North West draft community plan and to agree the Committee’s key priorities for  ...  view the full minutes text for item 37.

38.

Date and time of next meeting

The next meeting of the Outer North West Community Committee will be held on 6th March 2016 at 1:30pm, at Yeadon Town Hall.

Minutes:

The next meeting of the Outer North West Community Committee will be held on 6th March 2017 at 1:30pm, at Yeadon Town Hall.