To consider a report by the Director of Environment and Neighbourhoods which provides details of a Service Level Agreement drawn up for the delivery of environmental services in the Inner West Area. Members are recommended to approve the attached Service Level Agreement for delivery of delegated environmental services.
(Executive Function 10 Minutes)
RESOLVED – That the Service Level Agreement for the delivery of delegated environmental services be approved
The Director of Environment and Neighbourhoods submitted a report which provided details of a Service Level Agreement (SLA) drawn up for the delivery of environmental services in the North West Inner Area. The report sought Members approval to sign off the Service Level Agreement.
Appended to the report was a copy of the Draft budget for 2011/12 together with a copy of the Service Level Agreement for the Delegation of Environmental Services.
In addition to the above appendix, a copy of the 14 week mechanical sweeping schedule, the litter bins – allocation of budget and mechanical route coverage had been circulated as supplementary information.
Jason Singh, Environmental Locality Manager for North West Inner Area presented the report and responded to Members’ queries and comments.
In summary, specific reference was made to the following issues:-
· To ensure resources were flexible enough to cope with the demands of a large student population
· The downtime of mechanical vehicles
· To explore the possibility of the outright purchase of cleansing vehicles as opposed to lease hire
· To explore further opportunities for partnership arrangements
· To consider the wider use of fixed penalty notices
· Budget to be flexible across the three Area Committees
RESOLVED – That the Service Level Agreement for the delivery of delegated environmental services be approved.