Under Section 31 of the Local Government Act 2003, the Secretary of State for Housing, Communities and Local Government (MHCLG) has awarded a grant of £1,846,117 to Leeds City Council. The grant period is 1st April 2021 to 31st March 2022.
The grant covers revenue expenditure relating to the functions set out in the new statutory duty (within the Domestic Abuse Bill) on Tier 1 Local Authorities, relating to the provision of support to victims of domestic abuse and their children residing within safe accommodation and to the development of a multi-agency Local Partnership Board (LPB) to support LAs in performing certain specified functions.
Approval is being sought to:
· accept the grant allocation from MHCLG
· award grants to a number of organisations to enhance the support to survivors and victims of domestic abuse living in safe accommodation
· allocate a small proportion of the overall grant to LCC in order to fund the additional administrative burden associated with the new Statutory Duty
Decision type: Key
Reason Key: Financial Impact>£500K;
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Wards affected: (All Wards);
Notice of proposed decision first published: 04/05/2021
Decision due: Not before 2nd Jun 2021 by Director of Communities, Housing & Environment
Lead director: Director of Communities, Housing & Environment
Department: Communities, Housing and Environment
Contact: Alison Ferguson, Commissioning and Contracts Officer Email: email@example.com.
Ongoing consultation will be undertaken via:
• the Domestic Abuse Local Partnership Board (DALPB)
• the Domestic Abuse Voice and Accountability (DAVA) forum
• conversations with people who have experienced / are experiencing domestic abuse
Members of the DALPB (chaired by the Executive Member for Communities):
Members of the Domestic Abuse Voice and Accountability forum (a wide-ranging group of frontline services who support service users who are experiencing/have experienced domestic abuse)
People who have lived / are living in safe accommodation who are survivors and victims of domestic abuse.