Initial approval was given for this work in December 2019, to form a temporary team of Social Workers plus support to facilitate reassessment of customers receiving services via Adults and Health.
Project aims plus financial implications:
· Reassessment of customers who were not being billed for services received (or not being invoiced for the correct amount) – to allow invoicing to commence.
· Annual income generated will be circa £3m recurring.
· The initial cost of the temporary team was £361,500.00
· The additional cost to cover 18 months to complete this work would be £542,250.00
· Total expenditure for the initial 12 months plus a requested further 18 would be £903,750.00.
Due to delays including, but not limited to COVID 19, work scheduled to commence in February 2020, began in September 2020. Whilst significant progress has been made, in order to complete all reviews required, therefore a further 18 months is requested to conclude the work; ensuring value for money is achieved, and all customers are being charged fairly.
Financial and procurement implications
Income and expenditure
Recurring + one off
Decision type: Key
Reason Key: Financial Impact>£500K;
Decision status: For consultation
Wards affected: (All Wards);
Notice of proposed decision first published: 28/07/2021
Decision due: September 2021 by Director of Adults and Health
Lead director: Director of Adults and Health
Department: Adult and Health
Contact: John Crowther, Chief Officer - Resources 0113 3788714 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Executive Member for Adult Social Care, Childrens Social Care and Health Partnerships – Cllr Venner.