Decision Maker: Director of Communities and Environment
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
To accept grant funding to deliver a refugee integration programme in the Yorkshire and Humber region under two grant-funded projects. Grant funding would be received from the ‘Asylum, Migration and Integration Fund’, and re-distributed to partner organisations to deliver services to increase refugee integration in the Yorkshire and Humber region.
The Director of Communities and Environment approved the request to:
a) Accept grant agreements from the Home Office to manage the Refugee Integration programme.
b) Enter into partnership agreements for delivery of the Refugee Integration programme with the following organisations:
• Barnsley Metropolitan Borough Council
• Calderdale Metropolitan Borough Council
• Centre on Migration, Policy and Society (COMPAS) at the University of Oxford
• City of Bradford Metropolitan District Council
• Doncaster Metropolitan Borough Council
• Institute for Public Policy Research (IPPR)
• Kingston upon Hull City Council
• Kirklees Metropolitan District Council
• Leeds Beckett University
• Migrant English Support Hub (MESH)
• North East Lincolnshire Council
• Rotherham Metropolitan Borough Council
• Sheffield City Council
• Sheffield Hallam University
• Solidaritech CIC
• University of Huddersfield
• Wakefield Metropolitan District Council
c) Enter into agreements with other organisations that the Head of Migration Yorkshire believes are required to deliver the Refugee Integration programme.
d) Enter into such other documents that the Head of Migration Yorkshire believes are needed to enable Leeds City Council to deliver the Refugee Integration programme.
Reason Key: Financial Impact>£500K;
Wards Affected: (All Wards);
Other reasons / organisations consulted
Consultation with strategic and delivery partners and funders.
Local Authorities, project partners and strategic partners.
Contact: David Brown, Head of Migration Yorkshire 0113 3789013 Email: email@example.com.
Publication date: 14/10/2020
Date of decision: 22/10/2020
Effective from: 30/10/2020
Current call-in Count: 0