Decision Maker: Director of City Development
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
To note the success of the 20mph programme and requirement for ‘installation and review’; approve the installation of road humps in 12 areas identified through this review; approve expenditure of £252,000 funded through savings in the current LTP programme; and instruct the City Solicitor to advertise notices under Section 90C of the Highways Act 1980.
The Chief Officer (Highways and Transportation):
1. Noted the successful delivery of 20mph speed limits and zones in suitable residential areas in Leeds to meet the ambition set out by Executive Board in March 2018; and
2. Noted that Executive Board approved an “installation and review” approach to 20mph schemes to enable an accelerated delivery of remaining residential speed limits, and to ensure that resources were targeted at those areas with a demonstrated need; and
3. Noted that the review detailed in this report has identified 12 areas which require further interventions to achieve the required speed reduction; and
4. Gave approval to incur expenditure of £252,000 to provide traffic calming in these 12 areas to deliver these works, to be fully funded from savings in the West Yorkshire Local Transport Plan programme for 2020/21
5. Instructed the City Solicitor to advertise notices under the provision of Section 90c of the Highways Act 1980 to provide vertical traffic calming on the scheduled roads, and to note that any objections will be reported to the Chief Officer (Highways & Transportation) for consideration.
Reason Key: Affects more than 1 ward;
Wards Affected: Armley; Bramley and Stanningley; Gipton and Harehills; Guiseley and Rawdon; Morley North; Pudsey; Roundhay;
Other reasons / organisations consulted
Consultation with ward members and statutory consultees and WYCA via email Jan 2021; direct consultation with directly affected residents Jan 2021; statutory notices Feb 2021
West Yorkshire Combined Authority
Contact: Christopher Way, Traffic Engineer 0113 378 7493 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Publication date: 17/02/2021
Date of decision: 25/02/2021
Effective from: 05/03/2021