Contact: John Grieve 0113 224 3836
APPEALS AGAINST REFUSAL OF INSPECTION OF DOCUMENTS
To consider any appeals in accordance with Procedure Rule 15.2 of the Access to Information Procedure Rules (in the event of an Appeal the press and public will be excluded).
(*In accordance with Procedure Rule 15.2, written notice of an appeal must be received by the Head of Governance Services at least 24 hours before the meeting.)
There were no appeals against the refusal of the inspection of documents.
EXEMPT INFORMATION - POSSIBLE EXCLUSION OF THE PRESS AND PUBLIC
1 To highlight reports or appendices which officers have identified as containing exempt information, and where officers consider that the public interest in maintaining the exemption outweighs the public interest in disclosing the information, for the reasons outlined in the report.
2 To consider whether or not to accept the officers recommendation in respect of the above information.
3 If so, to formally pass the following resolution:-
RESOLVED – That the press and public be excluded from the meeting during consideration of the following parts of the agenda designated as containing exempt information on the grounds that it is likely, in view of the nature of the business to be transacted or the nature of the proceedings, that if members of the press and public were present there would be disclosure to them of exempt information, as follows:
No exempt items or information have been identified on the agenda
There were no items identified where it was considered necessary to exclude the press or public from the meeting due to the confidential nature of the business to be considered.
To identify items which have been admitted to the agenda by the Chair for consideration.
(The special circumstances shall be specified in the minutes.)
Although there were no formal late items, the Chair did accept the inclusion of supplementary information in respect of Item No. 10 the Role of Outer North East Community Committee in Neighbourhood Planning (Minute No.57 refers) and Item No. 14 Outer North East Wellbeing and Youth Activity Fund Budget (Minutes No.61 refers)
APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
To receive any apologies for absence.
Apologies for absence were received from Councillors D Cohen, J Procter, R Procter and M Robinson
DECLARATION OF DISCLOSABLE PECUNIARY AND OTHER INTERESTS
To disclose or draw attention to any disclosable pecuniary interests for the purposes of Section 31 of the Localism Act 2000 and paragraphs 13-18 of the Members’ Code of Conduct. Also to declare any other significant interests which the Member wishes to declare in the public interest, in accordance with paragraphs 19-20 of the Members’ Code of Conduct
There were no declarations of any disclosable pecuniary interests.
In accordance with Paragraphs 4.16 and 4.17 of the Community Committee Procedure Rules, at the discretion of the Chair a period of up to 10 minutes may be allocated at each ordinary meeting for members of the public to make representations or to ask questions on matters within the terms of reference of the Area Committee. This period of time may be extended at the discretion of the Chair. No member of the public shall speak for more than three minutes in the Open Forum, except by permission of the Chair.
Safeguarding Issues – A Member of the public raised allegations of historic safeguarding issues at various Children’s Homes throughout the city.
The Chair thanked the Member of the public for his attendance, he said the Committee took safeguarding allegations very seriously and requested that the Clerk advise the Director of Childrens Services of the issues raised as a matter of urgency.
To confirm as a correct record the minutes of the meeting held on 12th December 2016
RESOLVED – That the Minutes of the previous meeting held on 12th December 2016, were confirmed as a true and correct record.
Matters Arising from the Minutes
To consider any matters arising from the minutes (If any)
There were no issues raised under matters arising
To consider a report by the City Solicitor which seeks the Community Committee’s formal approval of a meeting schedule for the 2017/2018 Municipal year and to determine if there are any revisions to the current meeting and venue arrangements.
The City Solicitor submitted a report which sought the Community Committee’s formal approval of a meeting schedule for the 2017/2018 Municipal year and to determine if there are any revisions to the current meeting and venue arrangements.
(i) That the contents of the report be noted.
(ii) That the proposed scheduled of meetings for 2017/18 be determined as follows:
· Monday 12th June 2017
· Monday 11th September 2017
· Monday 11th December 2017
· Monday 19th March 2018
(iii) That the meeting venues continue to alternate between the Civic
Hall during the winter months and at various venues held within the three wards during the summer months. All meetings to commence at 5.30pm
To consider a report by the Chief Planning Officer which provides an update on the preparation of plans, and sets out a number of opportunities for Outer North East Community Committee’s involvement.
The Chief Planning Officer submitted a report which provided an update on the preparation of plans and set out opportunities for Outer North East Community Committee’s to become involved.
An appendix to the report “Neighbourhood Plan Progress in the Outer North East area” was circulated at the meeting.
Addressing the report the Chief Planning Officer referred to the following issues:
· Neighbourhood Planning within Leeds
· Neighbourhood Planning in the Outer North East
· Role of the Community Committee
· Community Committee involvement to date
· Future Arrangements for Ward Member and Community Committee Involvement
Referring to the issue of Ward Member/ Community Committee involvement the Chief Planning Officer said that planning officers would be available to attend Community Committee/ Ward Member meeting as appropriate but Members need to be aware that there is only a period of six weeks for the Council to provide a response and as such a formal Committee Meeting may not be a suitably fluid mechanism to do this.
It was also reported that in developing a Neighbourhood Plan the onus was on the Parish/ Town Council to keep the City Council informed of progress and provide details as to what stage the plan was at, unfortunately this information was not always forthcoming.
A number of Members expressed frustration that as Ward Members that they were not informed at an early stage and so contribute to the Neighbourhood Plan process.
In offering comment the Chair said an additional meeting of the Community Committee could be called if this was considered necessary, alternatively officers could meet with Ward Members to discuss proposals for their area.
In responding the Chair Planning Officer said it was his intention to write to all Parish and Town Councils asking them to notify the City Council when a formal submission has taken place.
The Chair thanked the Chief Planning Officer for his attendance and update report
(i) That a quarterly update be provided to each Community Committee on neighbourhood planning activity and progress, including a list of the plans and opportunities for the Community Committee to comment
(ii) To provide forward notice of neighbourhood plan activity to aid Community Committee involvement – to include estimated dates for pre-submission consultation and the circulation of emerging draft plans
(iii) That the Chair be consulted in addition to the relevant ward councillors at the start of the 6 week public consultation period at the pre-submission stage (the Regulation 14 stage) and submit any comments from the Community Committee to the formal comments from the Local Planning Authority
(iv) To consult the Chair and ward councillors at the start of the 6 week consultation on the submitted plan (the Regulation 16 stage), and provide any additional comments from the Community Committee to the examiner (note – representations made at this stage can only be considered by the examiner)
To consider a report by the Interim Chief Officer, Leeds Health Partnerships, which provides an overview of the emerging Leeds Plan and the West Yorkshire and Harrogate Sustainability and Transformation Plans (STPs).
The report sets out the background, context and the relationship between the Leeds and West Yorkshire plans and highlights some of the key areas that will be addressed within the Leeds Plan which will add further detail to the strategic priorities set out in the recently refreshed Leeds Health and Wellbeing Strategy 2016 – 2021.
The Interim Chief Officer, Leeds Health Partnerships submitted a report which provided an overview of the emerging Leeds Plan and the West Yorkshire and Harrogate Sustainability and Transformation Plans (STPs).
The report set out the background, context and the relationship between the Leeds and West Yorkshire Plans and highlighted some of the key areas that would be addressed within the Leeds Plan which would add further detail to the strategic priorities set out in recently refreshed Leeds Health and Wellbeing Strategy 2016-2021.
The Chair introduced and Welcomed: Dr Ian Cameron, Executive Director, Public Health, Paul Bollom, Interim Chief Officer, Leeds Health Partnership and Lyndsey Bell, Leeds Health Care Partnership
In addressing the report the Executive Director Public Health spoke on the following issues:
· Approach to developing the West Yorkshire & Harrogate STP
· Approach taken in Leeds
· Local Digital Roadmaps
· Key aspects of the emerging Leeds Plan
· Emerging Leeds Plan – Supporting the Leeds Health and Wellbeing Strategy
In offering comment the Chair said GP recruitment and retention appeared to be a problem.
Responding officers said the recruitment and retention of GP’s was not just a local issue but a national one. Many GP’s were retiring and a period of 5-10 years was required to train new GP’s. Work was ongoing to review GP workloads with a view to Pharmacists, Specialist Nurses and Healthcare Assistants taking on more of the GP’s duties.
Councillor Lamb queried if the Plan was forward thinking enough, it should not come as a surprise that GP’s would be retiring, were we planning far enough ahead.
In responding officers said they were planning far enough ahead but policies and priorities shuffle and change over the years, there was now a need to focus on particular populations: frail elderly and existing conditions.
Councillor Harrand suggested greater use of Pharmacists and Specialist Nurses to reduce the burden on GP’s and emphasised the need for greater public awareness of front line staff.
In responding the Executive Director Public Health said he was in agreement with Councillor Harrand, the workforce needed to change and the public need to be made aware of who they should go to in the first instance.
Councillor Lamb suggested that lifestyles/ behaviour needed to change.
The Executive Director Public Health said intervention was required with certain groups: risk of heart disease, obesity and frail elderly (fall prevention)
The Chair thanked the officers for their attendance and presentation
RESOLVED – To note the key areas of focus for the Leeds Plan as described in the submitted report and how they would contribute to the delivery of the Leeds Health and Wellbeing Strategy
To consider a report by the Chief Officer Public Health ENE/Leeds North CCG which provides an update on Public Health Activity in Outer North East Leeds.
The Chief Officer Public Health ENE/Leeds North Community Care Group submitted a report which provided an update on Public Health Activity in Outer North East Leeds.
Liz Bailey, Health and Wellbeing Improvement Manager ENE Locality Public Health Team presented the report and highlighted the following issues:
· Health Needs
· Public Health Work Programmes
· Re-commissioning of the Locality Community Health Development and Improvement Service
· Financial Inclusion
· Social Prescribing
Reference was made to the “Better Together” service and the intention to meet the needs of all sections of the community in a given 10% deprived neighbourhood. The report suggested new emerging communities would be a key target group for attention of the service. Members sought clarification about “newly emerging communities”
In responding officers suggested this was a reference to citizens from Eastern European countries but the service was required to respond to the full range of local needs as presented.
Referring to Financial Inclusion, paragraph 19 of the submitted report and the implementation of a “Money Buddy scheme” It was reported that in addition to the Meanwood scheme, Money Buddy would also operate from the Moor Allerton Hub
Clarification was sought on the future Dementia One Stop Service established at the Crossley Street Practice. Councillor Lamb said it was his understanding that the service had limited funding and would closing later this year.
Officers said that enquires would be made and Members informed accordingly.
Members also requested if they could be supplied with details/ map of “out of hours services” for the Outer North East Area
Officers confirmed that the requested information would be provided to Members.
(i) To note the key work programmes of the ENE/Leeds North CCG Locality Public Health Team in the Outer North East Community Committee area
(ii) To note the new “Better Together” Locality Community Health Development and Improvement Services for the area
(iii) That clarification around the Dementia One Stop Service at the Crossley Street Practice and details of out of hours services be provided to Members of the Committee
To consider a report by the East North East Area Leader which provides an update on the on-going work programme of the Outer North East Community Committee.
The East North East Area Leader submitted a report which provided an update on the on-going work programme for the Outer North East Community Committee
The following documents were appended to the report for information/ comment of the meeting:
· The minutes of the Outer North East Environmental Sub Group held on 24th November 2016 ( Appendix A referred)
· Outer North East Community Committee – Review of the year 2016/17 Draft Newsletter – (Appendix B)
Andrew Birkbeck, Area Officer, presented the report and highlighted the main issues which included:
· The Alwoodley Family of Schools Drama project
· Update on the refurbishment of the Moor Allerton Community Hub
· The Moor Allerton Buddy Service would shortly be operating from the Moor Allerton Hub (Each Tuesday 12.45 – 3.30pm)
· The Community Committee’s presence on social media
(i) That the contents of the report be noted
(ii) That the draft Newsletter “Review of the Year 2016/17” be approved for distribution amongst the key stakeholders
To consider a report by the East North East Area Leader, which provides an update on the current position of the Outer North East Community Committee’s budgets, and sets out details of applications seeking Wellbeing Revenue Funding or Youth Activity Funding.
The report also provides a draft budget position for the coming financial year (2017/18).
The East North East Area Leader submitted a report which provided an update on the current position of the Outer North East Community Committee’s budgets and set out details of applications seeking Wellbeing Funding and Youth Activity Funding.
The report also provided a draft budget position for the coming financial year 2017/18
Appended to the report were copies of the following documents for information / comment of the meeting:
· Outer North East Community Committee Capital Wellbeing Budget (Appendix A referred)
· Outer North East Community Committee Wellbeing Revenue Budget (Appendix B referred)
· Outer North East Community Committee Youth Activity Funding (Appendix C referred)
· Outer North East Community Committee Wellbeing Revenue Fund (Appendix D referred)
· Outer North East Community Committee – Draft Wellbeing Budget 2017/18 (Appendix E referred)
Andrew Birkbeck, Area Officer, presented the report and responded to Members comments and queries.
Detailed discussion ensued on the contents of the report together with the appendices which included:
· Available funding for the current financial year.
· Clarification around some of the projects seeking financial assistance.
(i) To note the current budget position for 2016/17.
(ii) That the following project requesting Wellbeing Funding be determined as follows:
(iii) That the following projects requesting Youth Activity Funding be determined as follows:
(iv) To note that the following applications had been approved since the Community Committee on 12th December 2016 under the delegated authority of the Assistant Chief Executive (Citizens and Communities)
(v) To note the draft budget position for 2017/18 as set out in appendix E of the submitted report
To consider a report by the East North East Area Leader which provides the minutes from the latest meeting of the Outer North East Parish and Town Council Forum held on 26th January 2017
The East North East Area Leader submitted a report which provided the Minutes from the latest meeting of the Outer North East Parish and Town Council Forum held on 26th January 2017.
(i) That the Minutes of the latest meeting of the Outer North East Parish and Town Council Forum held on 26th January 2017, be noted.
(ii) To support where appropriate, the Outer North East Parish and Town Council Forum in resolving any issues raised.
Date and Time of Next Meeting
To note that the next meeting will take place on Monday 12th June 2017 at 5.30pm (To be confirmed)
RESOLVED – To note that the next meeting will take place on Monday, 12th June 2017 at 5.30pm, venue to be confirmed at a later date.