Venue: Civic Hall, Leeds, LS1 1UR. View directions
Contact: Steven Courtney (0113) 24 74707 Email: email@example.com
To identify items which have been admitted to the agenda by the Chair for consideration.
(The special circumstances shall be specified in the minutes.)
The following late / supplementary information was submitted:
- In relation to Item 6: Minutes - Draft minutes from meeting held on 21 December 2015
- In relation to Item 7: West Yorkshire STP- Submission from Leeds Local Medical Committee (LMC).
Declaration of Disclosable Pecuniary Interests
To disclose or draw attention to any disclosable pecuniary interests for the purposes of Section 31 of the Localism Act 2011 and paragraphs 13-16 of the Members’ Code of Conduct.
There were no declarations of pecuniary interest and all members remained present for the meeting. However, for the purpose of openness and transparency, the following matters were brought to the attention of the Joint Committee:
· Councillor L Smaje: two close family members receiving treatment for cancer
· Councillor S Baines: Member of Calderdale and Huddersfield NHS Trust
· Councillor M Gibbons: Member of Bradford Care Trust Board.
Apologies for Absence and Notification of Substitutes
To receive any apologies for absence and notification of substitutes.
Apologies were received from Councillor C Pearson (Calderdale Council) with Councillor S Baines (Calderdale Council) attending as a substitute member.
Minutes - 21 December 2015
To confirm as a correct record, the minutes of the meeting held on 21 December 2015.
RESOLVED – That the minutes from the previous Joint Committee (21 December 2015) be agreed as an accurate record.
To consider a report from the Head of Governace Services introducing the draft West Yorkshire and Harrogate Sustainability and Transformation Plan.
The Joint Committee considered a report from the Head of Governance Services (Leeds City Council) that introduced the draft West Yorkshire and Harrogate Sustainability and Transformation Plan (STP).
The following were in attendance for discussion of the item:
· Ian Holmes, Programme Director, West Yorkshire and Harrogate, STP
· Helen Hirst (Bradford Airedale and Craven CCGs)
The key areas of discussion were:
· The Joint Committee expressed significant concern regarding the development of the West Yorkshire STP and the lack of engagement with elected members and public throughout the process.
· It was suggested the West Yorkshire STP have in place two communication plans, one focusing on cross county services and the other for local areas.
· The need for clarification regarding the governance arrangements of the West Yorkshire STP and the six supporting plans.
· Concerns regarding decision-making processes for cross cutting West Yorkshire and Harrogate matters.
· The need for member representatives from Harrogate to be invited to attend future meetings of the Joint Committee.
· It was suggested that a more detailed timetable of proposed changes within the STP be used to develop and set out a draft programme of scrutiny involvement / activity on a West Yorkshire and Harrogate basis.
· The legal obligations and responsibilities around proposed variations/ development of local health services and the involvement of Health Overview and Scrutiny Committees.
RESOLVED – That a more detailed forward plan around key milestones within the STP be presented to the next meeting of the Joint Committee for discussion.
(Councillor Hughes (Kirklees Council) joined the meeting at 1:55pm during consideration of this item.)
To consider reports and/or concerns identified by members of the Joint Committee and then agree its priorities and future work programme.
In discussing the future work programme of the Joint Committee, the following actions were agreed:
· Officers to develop a draft forward plan for the Joint Committee, to be presented at the next meeting in late January/early February 2017.
· Cancer wait times and Autism to be included on the next agenda for the Joint Committee.
· In addition, Councillor Greenwood (Bradford Council) raised the issue of access to dentistry that had been identified by the Bradford Health Scrutiny Committee and suggested it as a matter of joint scrutiny, due to NHS England not operating on a local footprint any longer.
(a) That a draft forward plan be presented to the next meeting of the Joint Committee for discussion and agreement.
(b) That cancer wait times and Autism to be included on the next agenda for the Joint Committee.
(c) That access to dentistry across West Yorkshire be included in the forward plan of the Joint Committee.
Date and Time of Next Meeting
To be determined.
RESOLVED – That the next meeting of the Joint Committee be held in late January/early February 2017, with the exact date to be confirmed.
(The meeting concluded at 3:25pm)