Venue: Civic Hall, Leeds
Contact: Tasha Prosser Email: Natasha.Prosser@leeds.gov.uk
Link: to view the meeting
Appeals Against Refusal of Inspection of Documents
To consider any appeals in accordance with Procedure Rule 15.2 of the Access to Information Rules (in the event of an Appeal the press and public will be excluded)
(*In accordance with Procedure Rule 15.2, written notice of an appeal must be received by the Head of Governance Services at least 24 hours before the meeting)
There were no appeals against the refusal of inspection of documents.
Exempt Information - Possible Exclusion of the Press and Public
1 To highlight reports or appendices which officers have identified as containing exempt information, and where officers consider that the public interest in maintaining the exemption outweighs the public interest in disclosing the information, for the reasons outlined in the report.
2 To consider whether or not to accept the officers recommendation in respect of the above information.
3 If so, to formally pass the following resolution:-
RESOLVED – That the press and public be excluded from the meeting during consideration of the following parts of the agenda designated as containing exempt information on the grounds that it is likely, in view of the nature of the business to be transacted or the nature of the proceedings, that if members of the press and public were present there would be disclosure to them of exempt information, as follows:-
No exempt items or information have been identified on the agenda
There were no exempt items.
To identify items which have been admitted to the agenda by the Chair for consideration
(The special circumstances shall be specified in the minutes)
There were no formal late items.
Declarations of Interests
To disclose or draw attention to any interests in accordance with Leeds City Council’s ‘Councillor Code of Conduct’.
Members did not declare any interests.
Apologies for Absence
Apologies for absence were received on behalf of Councillor D Ragan and Councillor R Finnigan.
To consider and approve the minutes of the previous meeting held Thursday, 22nd December 2022.
RESOLVED – That the minutes of the previous meeting held Thursday, 22nd December 2022 be approved as an accurate record.
To receive and consider the attached report of the Chief Planning Officer regarding a Reserved Matters Application for layout, scale, appearance, and landscaping for the erection of 67 dwellings pursuant to outline approval 18/01501/OT, Former Airedale Mills, Moss Bridge Works, Town Street, Rodley, Leeds, LS13 1HP.
The report of the Chief Planning Officer presented a Reserved Matters application for layout, scale, appearance, and landscaping for the erection of 67 dwellings pursuant to outline approval (18/01501/OT) at Former Airedale Mills, Moss Bridge Works, Town Street, Rodley, Leeds, LS13 1HP.
Photographs and slides were shown throughout the officer presentation, and Panel members were provided with the following information:
· The site is an allocated housing site (SAP Ref: HG2-58) and located in the Outer West Housing Market Character Area and the principle of development (including access) has been accepted via the previously approved outline consent (18/01501/OT) for residential development of up to 69 dwellings.
· The application site extends to 2 hectares and the perimeter of the site features established mature trees extending down the eastern boundary, with a number to the western boundary along the two paths. The trees form an ecology buffer and will remain un-developed. The northern boundary of the site is defined by the access road to the Rodley Nature Reserve.
· Access to the site is from Town Street and Moss Bridge Road, via a newly installed swing bridge over the Leeds-Liverpool Canal. Access to the site has been agreed via the previous outline consent and is the subject of a S106 Agreement which secures the bridge’s ongoing structural maintenance and responsibility / ownership of the same.
· There will be an adopted internal highway arrangement with two turning heads.
· There is a change of levels in the site, sloping down from the level of the towpath and canal, sitting three metres lower.
· A 3 metre ecology buffer is to be provided to the southwestern boundary of the site, adjacent to the towpath. The buffer will be separated with a 2.4m high non-climbable weld-mesh fence.
· The proposals consist of a mixture of house types including an apartment block to the southern part of the site (16 units) and three and four bedroom townhouses (51 units). There is a bungalow proposed to the northern corner of the site, meeting accessibility requirements.
· There will be an off-site Greenspace contribution of £25,000.
The following objectors attended the meeting:
· Councillor Andrew Carter
· Councillor Kevin Ritchie
· Jeremy Knapp
· Keith Lambert
Objectors in attendance raised the following concerns:
· The scheme significantly impacts residents of Rodley and will increase traffic.
· It is anticipated there will be access issues with the swing bridge, especially if it malfunctions. There is particular concern that emergency services will not be able to access the new residents of the proposed site.
· The access conditions proscribed in the outline permission have not been met, with the swing bridge not being fit-for-purpose and poorly designed.
· In terms of Rodley Nature Reserve, there is a need to maintain the diversity of wildlife on site and it is identified that the discharge / outflow into the water supply opposite the development of the site, poses a risk to the wildlife. This discharge / outflow should not be allowed.
· Lack of public open space.
· There is a risk to the ecology buffer during construction ... view the full minutes text for item 82.
Date and Time of Next Meeting
The date and time of the next meeting is scheduled to take place Thursday, 16th March 2023 at 1.30 p.m.
The date and time of the next meeting is scheduled to take place on Thursday, 16th March 2023 at 1.30 pm.
The meeting concluded at 16:20.