Venue: Civic Hall, Leeds
Contact: Tasha Prosser Email: Natasha.Prosser@leeds.gov.uk
Link: to view the meeting
Appeals Against Refusal of Inspection of Documents
To consider any appeals in accordance with Procedure Rule 15.2 of the Access to Information Rules (in the event of an Appeal the press and public will be excluded)
(*In accordance with Procedure Rule 15.2, written notice of an appeal must be received by the Head of Governance Services at least 24 hours before the meeting)
There were no appeals against refusal of inspection of documents.
Exempt Information - Possible Exclusion of the Press and Public
1 To highlight reports or appendices which officers have identified as containing exempt information, and where officers consider that the public interest in maintaining the exemption outweighs the public interest in disclosing the information, for the reasons outlined in the report.
2 To consider whether or not to accept the officers recommendation in respect of the above information.
3 If so, to formally pass the following resolution:-
RESOLVED – That the press and public be excluded from the meeting during consideration of the following parts of the agenda designated as containing exempt information on the grounds that it is likely, in view of the nature of the business to be transacted or the nature of the proceedings, that if members of the press and public were present there would be disclosure to them of exempt information, as follows:-
No exempt items or information have been identified on the agenda
There were no exempt items.
To identify items which have been admitted to the agenda by the Chair for consideration
(The special circumstances shall be specified in the minutes)
There were no formal late items.
Declarations of Interests
To disclose or draw attention to any interests in accordance with Leeds City Council’s ‘Councillor Code of Conduct’.
No declarations were raised at the meeting.
Apologies for Absence
Apologies were received from Councillor D Ragan and Councillor Bowden. Councillor K Brooks attended as a substitute on behalf of Councillor Bowden.
Minutes - 1 September 2022 PDF 274 KB
To confirm as a correct record the minutes of the previous meeting held Thursday, 1st September 2022.
RESOLVED – That the minutes from the meeting held on Thursday, 1st September 2022 be approved as an accurate record, subject to the following inclusion to Minute No.39 to the resolution:
· Community use of the facility
· Management / maintenance of the historic track
22/01376/FU - former South Leeds Golf Course, Gipsy Lane, Beeston PDF 489 KB
To receive and consider the attached report of the Chief Planning Officer regarding an application for a proposal for a 3G pitch and tennis courts, and associated fencing up to 4.5m high, former South Leeds Golf Course.
The report of the Chief Planning Officer detailed an application for a new proposed 3G pitch and tennis courts and associated fencing up to 4.5metres high at the former South Leeds Golf Course, Gipsy Lane, Beeston.
The application was presented at the South and West Plans Panel on 1st September 2022, where Members requested that further information be provided and / or specific conditions be added (as appropriate) relating to the following issues:
· Landscape Management plan
· Car park management
· Construction Environmental Management Plan
· Biodiversity Enhancement Management Plan
· Biodiversity Monitoring Programme
· Construction Access Management Plan
· Community Use Agreement
· End of life strategy for the pitch surface material (including rubber crumb)
A member sought clarity on the position regarding a late representation circulated to all Panel Members on behalf of the Executive Member for Economy, Culture and Education, sharing his support for the application. The Legal Officer clarified that ultimately the representation was to be regarded in the same manner as any late representation relating to a development proposal. At Chair’s discretion, it was being summarised as part of the Officer’s presentation and could be taken into account in this way. The points raised within the letter did not raise any points which had not previously been considered in discussions or addressed within the Officer report. Further, the information circulated was not an instruction from the Executive Member to determine the application in a particular way, simply a late representation to the application. The role of Members at Plans Panel was to act as decision-makers within the planning committee format for the Council as local planning authority, distinct from the Council as local authority.
Photographs and slides were shown throughout the presentation, with Members provided with the following information:
· A Community Use Agreement has been appended to the report (Appendix 2) and it was confirmed that the school in conjunction with Leeds City Council’s Lettings Team will manage facilities. The community use hours are proposed as Monday – Friday 17:00 until 21:00 hrs, Saturday 0800 until 1700 hrs and Sunday 0800 until 1700 hrs during term-time. Monday – Friday 0800 until 2100 hrs, Saturday 0800 until 1700 hrs and Sunday 0800 until 1700 hrs during school holidays.
· If Panel Members do not accept the Community Use Agreement, an alternative condition has been proposed and outlined in the submitted report at paragraph 11.
· There are several operators who provide innovative solutions for dealing with end-of-life rubber crumb waste and re-using such materials. Colleagues know of companies in Leeds regulated to deal with rubber crumb. It was confirmed that the school will have to ensure end-of-life playground surface is collected by a registered waste carrier. It is not appropriate to add a condition to regulate this issue as it does not satisfy all the necessary tests to ensure a valid and enforceable planning condition. Further, this is an element that would be regularised by way of other legislative, regulatory provisions. The planning system cannot seek to duplicate / usurp this.
· All proposed new ... view the full minutes text for item 47.
Date and Time of Next Meeting
Thursday, 27th October 2022 at 1.30pm.
The date and time of the next meeting is scheduled to take place on Thursday, 27th October 2022 at 1.30 p.m.
(The meeting ended at 14:20)