Venue: Yeadon Town Hall, High Street, Yeadon, LS19 7PP
Contact: DebbieOldham on 0113 37 88656
APPEALS AGAINST REFUSAL OF INSPECTION OF DOCUMENTS
To consider any appeals in accordance with Procedure Rule 15.2 of the Access to Information Procedure Rules (in the event of an Appeal the
press and public will be excluded). (*In accordance with Procedure Rule 15.2, written notice of an appeal must be received by the Head of Governance Services at least 24 hours before the meeting)
There were no appeals against refusal of inspection of documents.
EXEMPT INFORMATION - POSSIBLE EXCLUSION OF THE PRESS AND PUBLIC
1 To highlight reports or appendices which officers have identified as containing exempt information, and where officers consider that the public interest in maintaining the exemption outweighs the public interest in disclosing the information, for the reasons outlined in the report.
2 To consider whether or not to accept the officers recommendation in respect of the above information.
3 If so, to formally pass the following resolution:-
RESOLVED – That the press and public be excluded from the meeting during consideration of the following parts of the agenda designated as containing exempt information on the grounds that it is likely, in view of the nature of the business to be transacted or the nature of the proceedings, that if members of the press and public were present there would be disclosure to them of
exempt information, as follows:-
There were no exempt items.
To identify items which have been admitted to the agenda by the Chair for consideration (The special circumstances shall be specified in the minutes)
A formal late item was added to the agenda with the Chairs permission. It was the Outer North West Community Committee Finance Report
DECLARATION OF DISCLOSABLE PECUNIARY AND OTHER INTERESTS’
To disclose or draw attention to any disclosable pecuniary interests for the purposes of Section 31 of the Localism Act 2011 and paragraphs 13-16 of
the Members’ Code of Conduct.
No declarations of disclosable pecuniary interests were made.
Apologies For Absence
To receive any apologies for absence.
Apologies for absence were received from Councillors Downes, Lay and Shemilt.
To approve the minutes of the meeting held on 4th March 2019.
The minutes of the meeting held on 4th March 2019 were approved as a correct record.
In accordance with Paragraphs 4.16 and 4.17 of the Community Committee Procedure Rules, at the discretion of the Chair a period of up to 10 minutes may be allocated at each ordinary meeting for members of the public to make representations or to ask questions on matters within the terms of reference of the Community Committee. This period of time may be extended at the discretion of the Chair. No member of the public shall speak for more than three minutes in the Open Forum, except by permission of the Chair.
On this occasion there were no members of the public present at the meeting.
To consider the report of the Chief Officer Health Partnerships providing an update on the progress made in actions contained within the Leeds Health and Care Plan following the previous engagement with the Committees in autumn 2017.
The report of the Chief Officer Health Partnerships Team provided the Community Committee with an update on the progress made in actions contained within the Leeds Health and Care Plan following the previous engagement with the Committees in autumn 2017.
Members received a presentation which included:
· Video clips of the members of the public who had received good practical advice to be better equipped for self-management of their condition;
· Proactive view of care;
· Use of pharmacies;
· Local Community Committee area data;
· Projects which have taken place;
· Update on partnership working;
· Primary Care Network GP practices and beyond;
· The establishment of 19 local care partnerships; and
· The nomination of an Elected Member to Leeds Care Partnership and the role of the appointee.
Also in attendance at the meeting was a local GP Chris Mills, who spoke of the long term plans for the NHS which was looking to increase resources significantly. He explained the role of pharmacists, physiotherapists and third sector partners in the new way of working.
Dr Mills also went onto provide information on funding for older people with a view to providing care and support to be looked after in their home. He went on to speak about the move to multidisciplinary teams and the need to ensure that those who needed care plans received them.
Members discussed the following points:
· Accessible mental health services;
· Appointments with GP’s
· Getting the right service, with the right person at the right time;
· The cross-over of the LCP areas linked to the Outer North West Community Committee area.
RESOLVED – To:
a) Note the overall progress in delivery in the Leeds Health and Care Plan;
b) Discuss and agree the approach to elected member appointment on LCP’s;
c) Consider the local priorities to inform the refresh of the Leeds Health and Care Plan.
To consider a report from the City Solicitor which invites the Community Committee to consider and determine appointments to those designated Outside Bodies, partnerships and organisations as detailed within the report and appendix.
The report of the City Solicitor invited the Outer North West Community Committee to appoint to the following roles:
· Outside body appointments;
o Bramhope Youth Development Trust;
o Horsforth Live at Home Scheme;
o Rawdon and Laneshawbridge School Trust;
o Yeadon Town Hall CIC.
· Community Committee Champions;
o Environment and Community Safety
o Children’s Services
o Employment, Skills and Welfare
o Health, Wellbeing and Adult Social Care
· Corporate Parenting Board;
· Local Care Partnership; and
· Children’s Services Cluster Partnerships as set out at point 38 of the submitted report.
The following points were noted:
· The Localities Team would be able to support two meetings of each sub group;
· The Outer North West Community Committee wished to have a representative on the Holt Park Local Care Partnership as this covers part of the Outer North West area of Holt Park and Horsforth;
· Appointment to the Rawdon and Laneshawbridge School Trust would remain the same with Cllr. Shemilt nominated as the Elected Member representative, although she was unable to attend the meeting, with non-member representatives Mr David Longley, Mr John Peebles and Mr Colin Smith;
· Cllr Downes had indicated that he was willing to continue in the role for Yeadon Town Hall CIC although, he was unable to attend the meeting;
· Cllr. B Anderson informed the Committee that the Chair of Otley/ Pool/ Bramhope Cluster had advised both Cllr. Lay and himself that they no longer needed to attend the meetings. Governance Services to check this information and report back to the Community Committee.
RESOLVED – To appoint the following:
· Bramhope Youth Development Trust – Cllr. B Flynn
· Horsforth Live at Home Scheme - Cllr. D Collins
· Rawdon and Laneshawbridge School Trust - Cllr. Shemilt Elected Member Representative and non-member representatives Mr David Longley, Mr John Peebles and Mr Colin Smith;
· Yeadon Town Hall CIC – Cllr R Downes
· Environment and Community Safety Champion – Cllr. B Anderson
· Children’s Services Champion – Cllr. P Latty
· Employment, Skills and Welfare Champion – Cllr. R Downes
· Health, Wellbeing and Adult Social Care Champion – Cllr. G Latty
· Transport Champion – Cllr. P Wadsworth
· Corporate Parenting Board – Cllr. P Latty
· Horsforth Cluster – Cllr. D Collins
· ESNW Cluster – Cllr. B Flynn
· Aireborough Cluster – Cllr. P Latty and Cllr. S Lay
· Otley/ Pool/ Bramhope Cluster – Cllr. B Anderson and S Lay
· Local Care Partnership – Cllr. G Latty
The report of the Chief Officer Housing Management seeks Ward Councillor nominations from the Outer North West Community Committee to the Outer North West Housing Advisory Panel (HAP).
The report of the Chief Officer Housing Management requested Ward Councillor nominations from the Community Committee to the Outer North West Housing Advisory Panel (HAP).
Members were asked to nominate up to one member per ward within the HAP area.
RESOLVED –To appoint the following Members to the Outer North West HAP:
· Cllr. G Latty
· Cllr. D Collins
· Cllr. C Anderson
· Cllr. S Lay
The report of the Area Leader brings to Members’ attention an update of the work which the Communities Team is engaged in, based on priorities identified by the Community Committee. It also provides opportunities for further questioning, or to request a more detailed report on a particular issue.
The report of the Area Leader provided the Committee with an update on the following areas of work:
· Consultation with young people on how to best spend the Youth Activity Fund which was set out at Appendix 1 of the submitted report;
· The Children’s Voice event which had taken place on 26th April in the Banqueting suite in Leeds Civic Hall. Members were informed that the event had once again been successful.
· Leeds Anti-Social Behaviour Team had provided an update on their review progress which was presented at Appendix 2 of the submitted report;
· Advised that Executive Board are due to consider a report which looks at Anti-Social Behaviour and more engagement with Ward Members at tasking meetings;
· An update had been provided by Jon Hindley in relation to Public Health;
· Appendix 4 of the submitted report was in relation to the Outer North West Community Committee Facebook page.
RESOLVED – To note the contents of the report.
Cllr. Campbell left the meeting at 2.47pm during this item.
To consider a report by the Area Leader which provides an update on the budget position for the Wellbeing Fund, Youth Activity Fund, Capital Budget, as well as the Community Infrastructure Levy Budget for 2019/20.
The report of the Area Leader was received as a formal late item and provided the Community Committee with an update on the budget position for the Wellbeing Fund, Youth Activty Fund, Capital Budget, as well as the Community Infrastructure Levy Budget for 2019/20.
Members were advised that the report had been late due to staff changes. However, a new support officer had now been employed for the Outer North West Community Committee who was introduced to the Members.
Points 14 and 15 of the report were highlighted to Members which set out the Minimum Conditions in relation to delegated decisions of the Committee.
Members were advised of the following points:
· Executive Board had approved £93,930 for the Outer North West Community Committee for 2019/20;
· Given a carry forward figure and wellbeing projects which had been allocated and not yet completed the total spend for 2019/20 is £123,813
Members considered a number of projects which were set out at points 19 to 28 of the submitted report.
Members were advised that there was £70,630 in the Youth Activity Fund. Table 2 of the report set out those projects which had been agreed for 2019/20.
Point 35 of the report also requested Members consideration on a number of projects for the Youth Activity Fund.
Members’ attention was drawn to point 36 and Members noted those Small grants and skips already approved as set out within the report and considered a small grant for Headingley Lit Fest for £600.
Members requested an update of CIL for the next meeting.
RESOLVED – To note:
a) The Wellbeing budget position (Table 1)
b) Wellbeing proposals for consideration and approval at paragraph 19
c) Details of the Youth Activities Fund (YAF) position at Point 33 of submitted report and approved the following YAF projects:
a. Digital Stories using Spheros £4,902
b. Holiday Activity Dance Camp £2,250
c. Inters Youth Group £5,872
d. Mental Fitness – summer dance and drama £1,150
e. Outdoor Activities Sailing Centre £1,120
f. Project A Camps All Sports and Cooking £2,750
g. School Sumer Holiday Sports Camps £1,793
d) Details of the Small Grants Budget at Table 3 of the submitted report. Declined the small grant to Headingley Lit Fest for £600.
e) Details of the Capital Fund
f) Details of the Community Infrastructure Levy
g) Agree the minimum conditions in relation to delegated decisions and approved the conditions
h) Noted that Members had agreed a Delegated Decision for £5,000 on 26th April 2019 for Horsforth Sheds, St Johns ... view the full minutes text for item 12.
Date and time of next meeting
The next meeting of the Outer West Community Committee will be on Monday 23rd September 2019, at 1.30pm.
The next meeting of the Outer North West Community Committee will be on Monday 23rd September 2019 at 1.30pm.