Venue: Civic Hall, Leeds
Contact: Governance Services Copies of the full report with appendices are available on request from the clerk. For details of the new premises licence please contact Entertainment Licensing on 0113 378 5029 after the hearing.
Election of the Chair
To seek nominations for the election for the position of Chair.
RESOLVED – That Cllr Wray be elected to the Chair for the duration of the meeting.
Appeals Against Refusal of Inspection of Documents
To consider any appeals in accordance with Procedure Rule 15.2 of the Access to Information Procedure Rules (in the event of an Appeal the press and public will be excluded)
(*In accordance with Procedure Rule 15.2, written notice of an appeal must be received by the Head of Governance and Scrutiny Support at least 24 hours before the meeting)
There were no appeals against refusal of inspection of documents.
Exempt Information - Possible Exclusion of the Press and Public
1) To highlight reports or appendices which:
a) officers have identified as containing exempt information, and where officers consider that the public interest in maintaining the exemption outweighs the public interest in disclosing the information, for the reasons outlined in the report.
b) To consider whether or not to accept the officers recommendation in respect of the above information.
c) If so, to formally pass the following resolution:-
RESOLVED – That the press and public be excluded from the meeting during consideration of those parts of the agenda designated as containing exempt information on the grounds that it is likely, in view of the nature of the business to be transacted or the nature of the proceedings, that if members of the press and public were present there would be disclosure to them of exempt information
2) To note that under the Licensing Procedure rules, the press and the public will be excluded from that part of the hearing where Members will deliberate on each application as it is in the public interest to allow the Members to have a full and frank debate on the matter before them.
There were no exempt items.
To identify any applications as late items of business which have been admitted to the agenda for consideration
(the special circumstances shall be identified in the minutes)
There were no formal late items add to the agenda.
However, supplementary information had been published and circulated to all parties prior to the meeting in relation to Agenda Item 6 – Application for the grant of a premises licence for rugby pitch, North, South Stand and Extentia Stands, Emerald Headingley Stadium, St Michaels Lane, Headingley, Leeds, LS6 3BR.
Two applications were received to present additional information in relation to Application for the grant of a premises licence for rugby pitch, North, South Stand and Extentia Stands, Emerald Headingley Stadium, St Michaels Lane, Headingley, Leeds, LS6 3BR, from both the applicant and one of the objectors.
The Licensing Sub-Committee and all interested parties agreed to allow the additional information to be included in the presentations:
· Correspondence and a report on additional sound testing submitted by the applicant
· Audio recording submitted by one of the objectors
Declarations of Disclosable Pecuniary Interests
To disclose or draw attention to any disclosable pecuniary interests for the purposes of Section 31 of the Localism Act 2011 and paragraphs 13-16 of the Members’ Code of Conduct.
No declarations of disclosable pecuniary interests were made.
The report of Chief Officer, Elections and Regulatory to advise Members of an application for the certification of films to be shown within the Cinema Tent, Leeds Festival, Bramham Park, Thorner Lane, Leeds, LS23. The exhibition of these films will take place between Thursday 22nd and Sunday 25th August 2019.
The report of the Chief Officer, Elections and Regulatory advised Members of an application from Film Oxford, on behalf of Festival Republic, to show a number of short films in the Cinema Tent, at Leeds Festival, Bramham Park, Thorner Lane, Leeds, LS23.
The films to be shown were currently not certified by the BBFC, to assist Members a copy of the current BBFC Classification Guidelines had been attached at Appendix A. Members had received a brief synopsis and a recommended category which was appended to the submitted report at Appendix B and provided with a link to view each of the films to be shown.
The exhibition of these films was to take place between Thursday 22nd and Sunday 25th August 2019.
Mr Mervin Belle of Film Oxford attended the meeting to answer questions from Members.
Members considered all the information presented to them.
RESOLVED – That the following films be categorised as follows:
1. [UNUM] – 15
2. Christmas on the Moon – 15
3. Dodgy Dave – 12
4. F*CK – 12
5. If you never answered x – 12
6. In a Nutshell – 12
7. Insecurity Questions – PG
8. Jon Hopkins: Singularity – PG
9. Kanari – 12
10.Mitski: A Pearl – PG
11.Mortelle – PG
12.Moth – 12
13.No, I Don’t Want to Dance! – 12
14.Sex Ed – 15
15.St Anne’s Well – U
16.Stormzy: Vossi Bop – 12
17.Tom Walker: Just you and I – U
18.We Summoned a Demon – 15
19.Wiley: Boasty – PG
20.Wilson – 12
21.WORK - 15
The report of the Chief Officer Elections and Regulatory sets out an application for the grant of a premises licence, made by Leeds Cricket, Football & Athletic Company Limited, for Rugby Pitch, North, South and Extentia Stands, Emerald Headingley Stadium, St Michaels Lane, Headingley, Leeds, LS6 3BR.
The report of the Chief Officer, Elections and Regulatory, presented an application for the grant of a premises licence for rugby pitch, North, South and Extentia Stands, at Emerald Headingley Stadium, St Michaels Lane, Headingley, Leeds, LS6 3BR.
The premises licence application was to allow the Emerald Headingley Stadium to host live music events on the pitch on 4 occasions per year. The licence would apply to the:
North, South and East Stands including the Extentia Stand;
Members were advised that at a recent premises licence application process for the South Stand, residents had raised concerns regarding potential music events taking place at the stadium. At the time the Licensing Sub Committee heard that there were no plans to hold live music events. A copy of the decision notice had been appended to the submitted report at Appendix A.
Members noted the following points:
· Applicant was Leeds Cricket, Football and Athletic Company Limited;
· The proposed designated premises supper was to be Mr John Hill;
· The application was for live music and supply of alcohol on Friday & Saturday 12:00 until 23:00 and Sunday 11:00 until 18:00;
· Maximum of 4 events per year with no more than 9,999 spectators on the Friday and Saturday events and no more than 4,999 at the Sunday event;
· The operating schedule was attached at Appendix B. Part M of the operating schedule provided measures offered as a result of consultation between the applicant and responsible authorities;
· The application had attracted representations from West Yorkshire Police. However, an agreed had been reached through negotiations and a copy of the agreement was attached at Appendix F;
· The licensing Authority was in receipt of 4 individual letters of objection on the grounds of public nuisance, redacted copies were attached at Appendix G.
In attendance at the meeting on behalf of Leeds Cricket, Football and Athletic Company Limited were:
Ms Ward informed the Licensing Sub Committee of the followings points:
· Sound reports had been submitted from tests undertaken on 16th May 2019 and 9th August 2019;
· ‘The Club’ wished to host 4 events the first of these in September 2019 to host Proms on the Pitch with Lesley Garrett.
· The Stadium already holds a licence for regulated entertainment the stands and now wished to have a further premises licence to hold live music events on the pitch known as the ‘Rugby Bowl’;
· The application was for Friday and Saturday 12:00 until 11:00pm and Sunday 11:00am until 6:00pm;
· The application was specifically for the supply of alcohol and hosting live music events;
· 30 minutes would be used to wind down and clear up;
· A risk assessment had been undertaken;
· An additional 2 conditions had been added to the operating schedule after negotiations with West Yorkshire Police these were for extra CCTV and that no more than 9,999 spectators at an event with a maximum number of 4 events per year;
· There had been 4 representations on a consistent theme of public ... view the full minutes text for item 7.