The report of the Head of Locality Partnerships brings to members’ attention an update of the work which the Communities Team is engaged in, based on priorities identified by the Community Committee. It also provides opportunities for further questioning, or to request a more detailed report on a particular issue.
The report of Head of Locality Partnerships updated the Community Committee on the work the Communities Team are engaged in, based on priorities identified by the Community Committee.
The Community Committee were informed of the following updates:
Children and Families Sub-Group
· Although Cllr Flynn the Children and Families Champion was not at the meeting, the Committee were informed that the sub-group had met on 9th November 2022. Members were asked to note that the Children and Young Peoples Summit would take place on Friday 3rd March 2023. The event would take place in the Civic Hall with lunch provided at the Rosebowl.
Environment and Community Safety Sub-Group
· Members were advised to contact the Chief Officer Environmental Services Communities, Housing & Environment to check the route review for their area so it can be included in the new bin collection review plan for the city.
· The trial for glass recycling was due to start, but the areas had not yet been confirmed. There was also a proposal for food waste, but this was still not definite.
· Members were advised that disposal of inert waste was now allowed, but had not yet been publicised.
· The Serious Environmental Crime Team has started to address issues on repeated fly-tipping.
· It was noted that leaf fall was an issue for the Outer North West area, however, not all the trees had shed their leaves yet.
· Members were informed that they would be receiving an email inviting them to visit Leeds Watch. Members were advised to take up this opportunity to visit as the services that the team could offer were interesting.
· It was noted that the Highways Asset Manager had attended the sub-group.
· Cllr Wadsworth the Transport Champion requested the Localities Officer to chase up on a meeting with three people who had attended a Local Forum in relation to a number of road/traffic issues in the area.
· The Sub-group had been informed of progress at the Dyneley Arms junction. It was acknowledged that there had been improvements to this junction.
· Consultation was taking place in relation to the widening of Scotland Lane and an event was due to take place at Yeadon Library in relation to this and the parking issues for the new Parkway Station.
· The next sub-group would be discussing public transport. It was noted that Labour Councillors had organised a meeting in Horsforth to discuss public transport. The Chair acknowledged that she had attended this meeting and was exploring other similar meetings to be held in other areas of the Outer North West area.
Health, Wellbeing and Adult Social Care
· Cllr C Anderson informed the Committee that the sub-group had met on 18th October and had invited the officer dedicated to dementia support. Cllr Anderson provided the Community Committee with statistics for those suffering with dementia in the city. It was noted that there are a number of support groups for dementia suffers and carers and that you do not need to be a dementia suffer to access the groups. It was noted that the next meeting of the sub-group is scheduled for 5th December.
Employment and Skills
· The report contained the regular six monthly update in relation to Universal Credit and the Employment and Skills Service.
The update report also contained the numbers for social media for the Community Committee. It was noted that the most popular post was in relation to the Community Committee.
RESOLVED – To note the content of the report.