Further to Minute No. 106, 19th November 2014, the Assistant Chief Executive (Citizens and Communities) submitted a report providing an update on the review of ten Community Centres as previously reported to the Board. Specifically, the report provides information on the consultation undertaken, the actions that have been progressed on all ten Community Centres under review and details a specific proposal to move ahead with the closure of two centres, one being Gildersome Youth Club and the other being Kippax Youth Centre.
(a) That the Assistant Chief Executive (Citizens and Communities) be requested to undertake the following actions:-
(i) effects the closure of Gildersome Youth Club, Street Lane, Gildersome and declares the property surplus to Council’s requirement;
(ii) effects the closure of Kippax Youth Centre, known as the Kippax Cabin, Cross Hills, Kippax and declares the property surplus to Council’s requirement ;
(iii) arranges the relocation of current users of Gildersome Youth Club and Kippax Youth Centre to appropriate local venues, and;
(iv) carries out the actions specified in the submitted report relating to the future running of the following community centres:
· Bramley Community Centre, Waterloo Lane, Bramley
· Fieldhead Youth and Adult Centre, Naburn Approach, Whinmoor
· Lewisham Park Centre, Clough Street, Morley
· Old Cockburn Sports Hall, Primrose Lane, Hunslet
· Meanwood Community Centre, Stainbeck Avenue, Meanwood
· St Gabriel's Community Centre, Fall Lane, East Ardsley
· Weston Lane Community Centre, Weston Ridge, Otley
· Windmill Youth Centre, Marsh Street, Rothwell
(b) That approval be given to the ring fencing of the required portion of the capital receipt from the sale of the Gildersome Youth Centre site to make improvements to Gildersome Meeting Hall, and that it be noted that the Director of City Development is responsible for the implementation of this resolution.