Leeds City Council has been awarded a grant of £6,419,976.00 from the Department of Levelling Up, Housing and Communities (DLUHC) and Homes England for The Single Homelessness Accommodation Programme until 31st March 2027.
The programme will be targeted at two groups in particular: those with the longest histories of rough sleeping or the most complex needs, and vulnerable young people (age 18-25) at risk of homelessness or rough sleeping to provide targeted support and accommodation as part of the national rough sleeping agenda.
The grant will cover capital costs amounting to £2,140,000.00 and revenue expenditure amounting to £4,279,976.00 for a variety of interventions that include providing accommodation with intensive and specialist support. This will assist the city to deliver its ambitions to reduce the numbers of people who are rough sleeping and to deliver positive outcomes.
Approval is being sought to:
· accept the grant allocation from DLUHC and Homes England
· award funding to a number of organisations to enhance accommodation and support to people who are rough sleeping or at risk of rough sleeping and/ or homelessness in Leeds.
Decision type: Key
Reason Key: Financial Impact>£500K;
Decision status: For Determination
Wards affected: (All Wards);
Notice of proposed decision first published: 20/11/2023
Decision due: Not before 19th Dec 2023 by Director of Communities, Housing & Environment
Lead director: Director of Communities, Housing & Environment
Department: Communities, Housing and Environment
Contact: Lisa Fisher, Senior Commissioning Officer Email: Lisa.Fisher@leeds.gov.uk.
Executive Member Briefing
Ongoing consultation has been undertaken and will continue via:
· the Street Support Silver Group and Street Support Board (Gold)
· conversations with people who have experienced / are experiencing rough sleeping
· SHAP Project Team (a wide-ranging group of frontline services who support service users who are experiencing/have experienced rough sleeping)
Executive Member for Housing, Members of the Street Support Silver Group and Street Support Board and other relevant partner agencies