The objects of Groundwork Yorkshire – formed through a merger of the former Groundwork Leeds, Groundwork Wakefield and Groundwork North Yorkshire, are:
· To promote the conservation, protection and improvement of the physical and natural environment in the Area.
· To provide facilities in the interests of social welfare for recreation and leisure time occupation with the objective of improving the conditions of life for those living in or working in or resorting to the Area.
· To advance public education in environmental matters and of the ways of better conserving, protecting and improving the same wheresoever.
· To promote for the public benefit, urban or rural regeneration in areas of social and economic deprivation within the Area
· To promote sustainable development for the benefit of the public within the Area
· To advance the education of the public in subjects relating to sustainable development and the protection, enhancement and rehabilitation of the environment and to promote study and research in such subjects provided that the useful results of such study are disseminated to the public at large.
· To promote the efficiency and effectiveness of charities within the Area in the direct furtherance of their objects (or any one of them) by the provision of information, advice and assistance in the establishment, administration and management of such charities including assistance of all types in connection with the raising and distribution of funds.
· To promote the efficiency and effectiveness of the voluntary sector for the benefit of the public by the provision of information, support and advice to local community based groups anywhere in the Area.