The Trust is a Registered Charity, reg.no. 236902. The Almshouses were established by the Gascoigne family of Lotherton Hall in 1846 to provide accommodation for farm workers and poor people of the area. The original Almshouses were sold to the City Council in 1976 and from the proceeds of sale the Trustees purchased a piece of land from Mercantile Insurance (who at that time owned the Parlington Estate) and on this land built Parlington House, which contained 28 flats. The Almshouses now has 7 double and 21 single flats. The project was officially opened by Lady Sands, a descendant of the Gascoigne family.
Trustees do not have to be City Councillors.
Mr Michael Oakes
Aberford Almshouses Trust
Phone: 0773 801 3372