The Leeds Older People’s Forum was established in March 1994 and has grown to a citywide membership of over 100 voluntary sector organisations working with older people across Leeds, including the Neighbourhood Network Schemes. The aim of the Forum is to promote the well-being of all older people in the city of Leeds, and to give a more powerful voice to older people in shaping their city for the benefit of all its citizens.
Leeds Older People’s Forum does this by:
· Representing older people’s views, needs and aspirations
· Enabling older people’s organisations to participate fully in policy discussion and development
· Enabling and sustaining good communication between individuals, groups and public, private and voluntary sector organisations.
· Supporting projects to enhance the wellbeing of older people in Leeds
· Ensuring Leeds Older People’s Forum is an effective and well-run organisation.
Leeds Older People Forum