Contact: Governance Services Copies of the full report with appendices are available on request from the clerk. For details of the new premises licence please contact Entertainment Licensing on 0113 378 5029 after the hearing.
Link: to view the meeting
Election of the Chair
To seek nominations for the election for the position of Chair.
RESOLVED – That Councillor Marshall-Katung be elected as Chair for the duration of the meeting.
Appeals Against Refusal of Inspection of Documents
To consider any appeals in accordance with Procedure Rule 15.2 of the Access to Information Procedure Rules (in the event of an Appeal the press and public will be excluded)
(*In accordance with Procedure Rule 15.2, written notice of an appeal must be received by the Head of Governance and Scrutiny Support at least 24 hours before the meeting)
There were no appeals against refusal of inspection of documents.
Exempt Information - Possible Exclusion of the Press and Public
1) To highlight reports or appendices which:
a) officers have identified as containing exempt information, and where officers consider that the public interest in maintaining the exemption outweighs the public interest in disclosing the information, for the reasons outlined in the report.
b) To consider whether or not to accept the officers recommendation in respect of the above information.
c) If so, to formally pass the following resolution:-
RESOLVED – That the press and public be excluded from the meeting during consideration of those parts of the agenda designated as containing exempt information on the grounds that it is likely, in view of the nature of the business to be transacted or the nature of the proceedings, that if members of the press and public were present there would be disclosure to them of exempt information
2) To note that under the Licensing Procedure rules, the press and the public will be excluded from that part of the hearing where Members will deliberate on each application as it is in the public interest to allow the Members to have a full and frank debate on the matter before them.
There were no items which were exempt from press or public view.
To identify any applications as late items of business which have been admitted to the agenda for consideration
(the special circumstances shall be identified in the minutes)
There were no formal late items. However, there was supplementary information in relation to Agenda item 6 which had been circulated prior to the meeting.
Declarations of Disclosable Pecuniary Interests
To disclose or draw attention to any disclosable pecuniary interests for the purposes of Section 31 of the Localism Act 2011 and paragraphs 13-16 of the Members’ Code of Conduct.
No declarations of disclosable pecuniary interests were received.
The report of the Chief Officer Elections and Regulatory advises Members of an application to vary a premises licence, made by Leeds Cricket, Football & Athletic Company Limited, for Rugby Pitch, North, South And Extentia Stands Emerald Headingley Stadium, St Michaels Lane, Headingley, Leeds, LS6 3BR.
The report of the Chief Officer Elections and Regulatory set out an application to vary a premises licence, made by Leeds Cricket, Football & Athletic Company Limited, for Rugby Pitch, North, South And Extentia Stands Emerald
Headingley Stadium, St Michaels Lane, Headingley, Leeds, LS6 3BR.
The variation sought to enable live music events to be hosted over two weekends each year and increase the number of spectators allowed in the ground. The applicant wishes to hold four live music events attracting no more than 19,999 spectators at each event.
Members were advised by the Licensing Officer of the following points:
· The licence issued allows the provision of live music and sale by retail of alcohol, the licence in force allows one event per year either on a Friday or Saturday between 12:00 and 23:00 and then one event either on Saturday or a Sunday 11:00 and 18:00 on consecutive days. The events taking place between 12:00 - 23:00 may involve up to 9999 spectators and the day time event between 11:00 - 18:00 may involve up to 4999 spectators. A copy of the licence was appended to the report;
· This variation to the licence requested an increase in the number of live music events to four over two weekends. All licensable activities and timings are to remain as existing;
· No representations had been received from responsible authorities. However, Entertainment Licensing was in receipt of ten letters of objection one of which was on behalf of the residents of the Turnways and Laurel Bank Residents Association. All representations were opposed to this application on the grounds of public nuisance. Redacted copies of the objections had been attached at Appendix E of the submitted report.
In attendance were:
· Sue Ward – on behalf of the applicant Leeds Cricket, Football and Athletic Co. Ltd
· Sian Jones – on behalf of the applicant
· Stephanie Wright – on behalf of the applicant
· Richard Parr – objector to the application
Ms Ward informed the Members of the following points:
· Leeds Cricket, Football and Athletic Co. Ltd wished to increase the number of live events from two over a weekend to four over two weekends;
· Section M of the application described the steps that the Leeds Cricket, Football and Athletic Co. Ltd would be taking to address the licensing objectives;
· There were no representations from the Responsible Authorities, the Health Officer had also advised that there had been no recorded issues over the past 18 months;
· Leeds Cricket, Football and Athletic Co. Ltd had continued to liaise with residents and local councillors. Some had been face to face meetings with an invite accepted on 12th February 2020;
· The Leeds Cricket, Football and Athletic Co. Ltd recognised the 10 representations and noted the concerns raised in relation to public nuisance;
· The Leeds Cricket, Football and Athletic Co. Ltd had drawn up an Events Plan to address issues such as travel, litter and noise. This Events Plan would be drawn up 90 days prior to the event. However, it ... view the full minutes text for item 6.