Venue: Remote https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLPjmOAZpvCo9FmcVCJ5a68TMGKdJsNEfz
Contact: John Grieve , 0113 3788662 Email: email@example.com
Appeals Against Refusal of Inspection of Documents
To consider any appeals in accordance with Procedure Rule 15.2 of the Access to Information Rules (in the event of an Appeal the press and public will be excluded)
(*In accordance with Procedure Rule 15.2, written notice of an appeal must be received by the Head of Governance Services at least 24 hours before the meeting)
There were no appeals against the refusal of inspection of documents.
Exempt Information - Possible Exclusion of Press and Public
1 To highlight reports or appendices which officers have identified as containing exempt information, and where officers consider that the public interest in maintaining the exemption outweighs the public interest in disclosing the information, for the reasons outlined in the report.
2 To consider whether or not to accept the officers recommendation in respect of the above information.
3 If so, to formally pass the following resolution:-
RESOLVED – That the press and public be excluded from the meeting during consideration of the following parts of the agenda designated as containing exempt information on the grounds that it is likely, in view of the nature of the business to be transacted or the nature of the proceedings, that if members of the press and public were present there would be disclosure to them of exempt information, as follows:-
There were no items identified where it was considered necessary to exclude the press or public from the meeting due to the confidential nature of the business to be considered.
To identify items which have been admitted to the agenda by the Chair for consideration
(The special circumstances shall be specified in the minutes)
There were no late items of business identified.
Declarations of Disclosable Pecuniary Interests
To disclose or draw attention to any disclosable pecuniary interests for the purposes of Section 31 of the Localism Act 2011 and paragraphs 13-16 of the Members’ Code of Conduct.
There were no declarations of disclosable pecuniary interests made at the meeting
Apologies for Absence
To receive apologies for absence (If any)
There were no apologies for absence.
To consider and approve the minutes of the previous meeting held on 6th August 2020.
The minutes of the previous meeting held on 6th August 2020 were submitted for comment/ approval.
RESOLVED – That the minutes of the previous meeting held on 6th August 2020 be accepted as a true and correct record.
Matters Arising from the Minutes
To consider any Matters Arising from the minutes.
With reference to Minute No.20 – Application No.20/01965/FU, erection of part 4, part 10 and part 32 storey student accommodation building at 44 Merrion Street, Leeds 2 – Members once again raised the issue of student accommodation within the city centre and queried if recent proposals represented an oversupply of purpose built student accommodation within the city centre.
In responding the City Centre Team Leader said a report was currently being prepared and would be considered by the Development Plans Panel once finalised.
Members also raised the issue of the size of student accommodation with an expectation that Members are consulted on the preparation of additional guidance on the matter
On a separate issue Members reminded officers that a report was expected back on the time delays to completing Section 106 Agreements
The City Centre Team Leader confirmed that the matter would be raised again with colleagues
Application No. 19/06625/RM - Reserved Matter Application for Layout, Scale, Appearance and Landscaping for Plots 1a and 1b (City Park) pursuant to Outline Planning Permission 17/02501/OT at the Former Tetley Brewery, Hunslet Road, Hunslet, Leeds LS10 1JQ PDF 2 MB
To consider a report by the Chief Planning Officer which sets out details of a Reserved Matter Application for Layout, Scale, Appearance and Landscaping for Plots 1a and 1b (City Park) pursuant to Outline Planning Permission 17/02501/OT at the Former Tetley Brewery, Hunslet Road, Hunslet, Leeds LS10 1JQ.
With reference to the meeting of 12th October 2017 and the decision to grant outline planning permission for mixed use development and a city park, the Chief Planning Officer now submitted a report which set out details of a Reserved Matters Application for layout, scale, appearance and landscaping for plots 1a and 1b (City Park) pursuant to outline planning permission 17/02501/OT.
Site photographs and plans were displayed and referred to throughout the discussion of the application.
The City Centre Team Leader addressed the Panel, speaking in detail about the proposal and highlighted the following:
· Site / location / context
· Reserved Matters Application for City Park
· A 10 hectare site, the City Park would cover 2 hectares
· Wider links and context
· Key changes undertaken since October 2019
· Wider green infrastructure
· Biodiversity enhancement
· Central Park Area
· Routes through the park
· The Tetley Triangle
· The Hunslet Stray
· The planting of nearly 200 new trees in the initial Phases of development (including legacy trees)
· Proposed green amphitheatre
· Ornamental show garden
· Ongoing discussions with David Oluwale Memorial Association regarding a sculpture close to the play area
· Water feature
· Sustainability measures
· Major contribution to a multi-functional City Park
The City Centre Team Leader reported the receipt of a letter of support from a local resident
Members raised the following questions:
· The proposed trees to be planted, how mature were they and was the planting scheme covered by condition
· It was understood that the LCC Parks and Countryside Service would be responsible for the maintenance of the greenspace, was the budget to carry out these works ring-fenced
· Were there any proposals to provide adult exercise equipment
· The ongoing discussions with the David Oluwale Memorial Association, at what stage were they at.
· The proposed children’s play spaces and equipment, would they be accessible to all children
· Could the seating for the Theatre Area be modified to appear less harsh, consider using “artificial grass”
· Could consideration be given to the provision of a second water feature to be located near the Theatre area
· This was an opportunity to create a wonderful greenspace but the CGI’s were disappointing
· In terms of greenspace maintenance, the quality of the environment requires protecting to a high standard, could this be conditioned
· Once this development is complete it will become a very popular destination, could Members be provided with a Briefing Note on the security measures to keep the area safe
· When would the park be delivered and was its delivery incumbent on any Section106 obligations
· Would the park be accessible anytime
· The local Ward Member for the area said the species of trees identified within the report were not the same as those previously discussed and agreed
· Would Members have oversight of the details of the sculpture
· Can use of “moss” trees (artificial structures providing a structure for moss growth) be considered to mitigate air quality.
In responding to the issues raised, officers and the applicant’s representatives said:
· Members were informed that the majority of the new trees were between 3 ... view the full minutes text for item 29.
Date and Time of Next Meeting
To note that the next meeting will take place on Thursday, 1st October 2020 at 1.30pm (Remote Meeting)
RESOLVED – To note that the next meeting will take place on Thursday, 1st October 2020 at 1.30pm (Remote Meeting)