Venue: Civic Hall, Leeds
Contact: Andy Booth, 0113 3788665 Email: email@example.com
Link: to view the meeting
Appeals Against Refusal of Inspection of Documents
To consider any appeals in accordance with Procedure Rule 15.2 of the Access to Information Rules (in the event of an Appeal the press and public will be excluded)
(*In accordance with Procedure Rule 15.2, written notice of an appeal must be received by the Head of Governance Services at least 24 hours before the meeting)
There were no appeals.
Exempt Information - Possible Exclusion of Press and Public
1 To highlight reports or appendices which officers have identified as containing exempt information, and where officers consider that the public interest in maintaining the exemption outweighs the public interest in disclosing the information, for the reasons outlined in the report.
2 To consider whether or not to accept the officers recommendation in respect of the above information.
3 If so, to formally pass the following resolution:-
RESOLVED – That the press and public be excluded from the meeting during consideration of the following parts of the agenda designated as containing exempt information on the grounds that it is likely, in view of the nature of the business to be transacted or the nature of the proceedings, that if members of the press and public were present there would be disclosure to them of exempt information, as follows:-
There was no exempt information.
To identify items which have been admitted to the agenda by the Chair for consideration
(The special circumstances shall be specified in the minutes)
There were no late items.
Declaration of Interests
To disclose or draw attention to any interests in accordance with Leeds City Council’s ‘Councillor Code of Conduct’.
No declarations were made.
Apologies for Absence
Apologies for absence were submitted on behalf of Councillors Brooks, Garthwaite and Khan.
Councillors Renshaw, Thomson and Walshaw were in attendance as substitutes.
Minutes - 8 September 2022 PDF 254 KB
To confirm as a correct record, the minutes of the meting held on Thursday, 8 September 2022.
RESOLVED – That the minutes of the meeting held on Thursday, 8 September 2022 be confirmed as a correct record.
PREAPP 21/00431 - Lisbon Street, Leeds PDF 1 MB
To receive and consider the attached report of the Chief Planning Officer regarding a pre-application presentation for proposed office buildings, residential development and new greenspace.
The report of the Chief Planning Officer informed Members about a pre-application proposal for the development of office buildings, residential space and new greenspace at Lisbon Street, Leeds.
Members attended the site prior to the meeting and site plans and photographs were displayed and referred to throughout the discussion of the proposals.
It was reported that the land was a key site on the Western gateway to the City Centre next to Lisbon Street and the former International Pool Site. There had been constructive discussions with the applicant throughout the development of the scheme and it was now felt appropriate to receive Members comments, particularly in relation to the scale and layout.
The applicant was invited to address the Panel. The following was highlighted:
· The site was between Wellington Street and the A58 and gave opportunity to connect this and other developments with the creation of public spaces.
· There had been meetings and workshops with council officers and adjacent landowners during the development of the proposals.
· There would be two office buildings and a residential building with associated public realm.
· The strategy for movement across the site focussed on pedestrians. There had been extensive consultation with highways for servicing arrangements and the scheme would include basement parking and provision for electric vehicle charging and cycle storage.
· CGI images of the proposals were displayed and pedestrian and cycle routes were highlighted.
· There would be double the amount of existing greenspace and over three and a half times the number of trees.
· Use of materials – sample materials were made available for the Panel to inspect. The use of glazed terracotta was proposed with different shadings on the office buildings and a lighter colour on the residential building.
· The residential building was designed for rental properties and would meet space standards. These would be highly enery efficient. There would be abundant amenity space including a sky lounge with panoramic views of the city.
A model of the proposals was displayed for Members to view.
In response to comments and questions, the following was discussed:
· More natural surveillance could be created on the northern edge with the use of more glazing and activity at ground floor level.
· Further to comments regarding the proposed white colour of the residential building, it was felt that the proposed “scalloped” detailing to the terracotta would ensure it does not look too bland and that a light colour would be more suitable inorder to provide a contrast to the glazing (which would appear dark during the day) and to other nearby buildings which would be red terracotta and brick finishes.
· The cill levels of the windows would prevent any furniture being on display from the outside of the residential building.
· Work was ongoing with the Health and Safety Executive regarding fire safety and West Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service would be consulted prior to the submission of a full application.
· The frontage to Wellington Street with the raised colonnade would provide an extra 6 metres of public realm ... view the full minutes text for item 46.
Date and Time of Next Meeting
Thursday, 3 November 2022 at 1.30 p.m
Thursday, 3 November at 1.30 p.m.